4 bedroom detached house for saleMain Street, Long Compton, SHIPSTON-ON-STOUR
- Detached, three/four bedroom coach house
- Open plan living kitchen-dining room
- Impressive living room with 20ft high apex ceiling
- 120ft rear walled garden
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Double garage
- Energy Rating: E
One of the brightest jewels in Long Compton's crown of country homes, and undoubtedly one of the village's best kept secrets, this detached, two storey, three/four bedroomed coach house to the adjacent property - Harrow Hill House - was redeveloped in 1994 and originally dates from the 17th Century.
Located within its own gated environment, and approached via its own discreet driveway from the Main Street, the property has a 120ft walled garden to the rear with a selection of different seating areas including a patio area adjacent to the property, all surrounding the heated swimming pool adding a whole new dimension to the living experience.
The ground floor of the property incorporates a homely, open-plan living kitchen-dining room, with the former being stylishly fitted with granite worktops and a range of integrated appliances. The stunning living room has a 20ft high apex ceiling, a Cotswold stone fireplace with wood-burning stove and an impressive, galleried landing which is part of the master suite on the first floor. There is a bedroom/study on the ground floor and shower room/WC which would be ideal as a guest suite.
At first floor level, there is an en suite bathroom to the master bedroom and two further double bedrooms at the rear, both having cottage-style low-level windows, taking full advantage of the superb views over the pool and garden. The front of the property overlooks St Peter and St Paul's church towards distant countryside.
Externally there is a gated courtyard with off-street parking for three vehicles, beyond which there is a double garage and a separate store and pump room. The property is warmed with oil-fired central heating from an external boiler and sealed unit double glazing.
The property is located opposite St Peter and St Paul's church, close to the centre of this popular Cotswold village, mid-way between the market towns of Chipping Norton, Shipston-on-Stour and Moreton-in-Marsh, where there are also rail links to London Paddington. The village has its own primary school, there is a renowned local eatery in the Red Lion public house, there is a village shop and a few other bespoke facilities. Walks can be enjoyed in the surrounding countryside in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 12054. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Holmans Estate Agents, Moreton-In-Marsh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.