4 bedroom equestrian facility for saleHawling, Gloucestershire
- 3 bedroom refurbished house
- Annexe with bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and shower room
- Same annexe currently used as an office and gymnasium
- Stables and paddock for equestrian use
- Landscaped gardens and substantial terrace
- Driveway, oak framed carport for two cars with secure store
- Air source heat pump, multi-fuel stove, solar panels
- Two slimline dishwashers, wine chiller, commercial Falcon range oven
- Oak staircase, vaulted ceilings and underfloor heating throughout the ground floor
- In all about 1.8 acres
Beautifully refurbished house set in about 1.8 acres with excellent ancillary accommodation, stabling and paddock
Lilac Cottage is believed to date back to the 18th century with the accommodation set out over two floors and is situated in the popular village of Hawling in the heart of the Cotswold countryside. The property has been extensively but sympathetically restored to provide a comfortable yet stylish home. The property retains a good number of period features including exposed ceiling timbers, inglenook fireplace and mullion windows.
The kitchen and dining room has been well designed to include an island unit, bespoke cabinets, leathered granite work surfaces, wine chiller and two slim line dishwashers. The kitchen/dining room has high vaulted ceilings and large double doors which open onto the private terrace which is perfect for outside dining.
Leading from the kitchen/dining room is the sitting room which is entered through large bi-fold doors. The sitting room has a sweet inglenook fireplace with a log burning stove and exposed ceiling timbers.
The living room currently used a media room has a substantial energy efficient multi fuel stove which twinned with an air source heat pump supplements both the domestic heating and hot water supply.
In addition to this there is a useful utility area which connects to the front porch and also the guest cloakroom.
The upstairs of the property features three excellent double bedrooms all of which have vaulted ceilings and two have views across the stunning countryside. The master bedroom has triple aspect views with an en-suite wet room and walk in dressing cupboard. Further to this is the family bathroom, a separate shower cubicle and airing cupboard.
The outside of the property has thoughtfully landscaped gardens with raised beds and a large terraced area which is perfect for outside dining. In addition to this, there is a double car port and workshop. Continuing up the drive is both the stabling for two horses and secondary accommodation. The building is currently set out as a professional home office and gym with the addition of a kitchenette and shower room. The building lends itself for a variety of different uses including domestic ancillary accommodation.
The paddock lies to the south west of the stabling and has the remains of a former farm building which could provide the basis for further accommodation subject to obtaining the relevant consents.
Kingham Station is within easy driving distance with mainline rail services to London Paddington.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68649065.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUR140073. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.