4 bedroom detached house for salePerches Close, Membland, Newton Ferrers, Devon, PL8
- All principal rooms facing south
- Long views over adjoining fields and valley woodland
- 2 principal receptions, plus study
- Well fitted kitchen and utility
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms (one en-suite)
- Double integral garage
- Long front garden with drive
- Level principal garden
- Hillside garden with orchard and kitchen garden
The property is set well back from the road, in a highly regarded cul-de-sac of individual properties on the edge of the hamlet of Membland within a mile of the beautiful unspoilt National Trust coastline. Historically Membland was created by the banker Edward Baring, later Lord Revelstoke, who developed a large Victorian estate in this beautiful country setting within a mile of the coast just outside the twin waterside villages of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo.
15 Perches Close is a detached family house which was built in the 1980s and has remained in the same ownership for many years. The house sits in the centre of its site, possibly the best in the close, giving the property considerable privacy and potential, subject to any necessary consents being obtained. The long uninterrupted aspect is to the south and west towards Newton Ferrers in the far distance. Approached by a long, gently sloping, drive which leads to a welcoming "reception" area there is easy access to the integral double garage and directly into the house. Beside this area the present owner keeps a caravan, but there is also ample space for easily accessed boat or similar storage.
The distinctive galleried reception hall leads to the naturally well lit accommodation which is conventionally laid out, designed to take full advantage of the views.
The facilities of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo lie within a mile and here you will find a Post Office and general stores, butchers, pharmacist, yacht club, and three pubs, two of which have restaurants, together with slipways and quayside areas, and deep water moorings. The area designated as being of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with much owned by the National Trust. There are excellent walks, especially along the South West Coast Path, with breathtaking views of the English Channel and Plymouth Sound.
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil-fired central heating.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit (Newton Ferrers office). Tel 01752 873311.
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68771468.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NEW080123. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Newton Ferrers. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.