4 bedroom detached house for saleAbbey Street, Ickleton
- • A beautiful Grade II listed former farm worker’s cottage and stables, believed to date back to the
- • Many original features including exposed beams, an attractive inglenook fireplace, stable doors an
- • A pretty enclosed landscaped garden and side gated driveway providing off road parking for two car
- • Situated in the heart of this popular and well served village, named one of UK's best rural places
- • Ideally located for both the Cambridge and London commuters
ACCOMMODATION Grade II listed being of architectural and historic interest, a former farm worker's cottage and stables, Old Farm Cottage is believed to date back to the 17th century. The property has benefitted from an extensive and sympathetic programme of refurbishment in recent times maintaining many original features throughout including exposed beams, an attractive inglenook fireplace, stable doors and tack room fittings. Whilst retaining the charm and character of the original cottage, the property also has a delightful modern edge, creating a quite stunning blend of old and new. On the ground floor, a charming country style kitchen with a door leading out to a rear porch area and the garden, features a range of base and eye level units with solid oak work surfaces incorporating an enamel sink, a gas fired Rangemaster cooker with extractor fan above, space and plumbing for a dishwasher and washing machine along with a fridge/freezer. On the other side of the entrance hall there is a good size family room with exposed original brick flooring and attractive inglenook fireplace with a Jøtul wood burning stove. Leading off from the family room is a dining room/bedroom 4 and a bright and airy living room to the rear with a vaulted ceiling, fitted low level storage cupboards and French doors which lead out to the garden. The rear hallway leads to the family bathroom and two further bedrooms. The bathroom has a white suite with a panel bath and shower above, plus wash hand basin and a WC. The bedrooms retain attractive features of the former stable including the original doors. On the first floor is a beautiful master suite including a double bedroom with exposed beams and brick chimney breast, with a dressing area including a pedestal wash hand basin, WC and a range of built in wardrobes.
OUTSIDE The gravelled gated driveway to the side of the property provides off road parking for two cars. To the rear the property is a delightful south-east facing enclosed landscaped garden. Mainly laid to lawn, there are also patio seating areas and well stocked flower beds. There is also a useful garden shed and separate secure bicycle store.
LOCATION Ickleton is a most picturesque village, situated close to the Cambridge/Essex border. Local facilities include a shop, post office, public house, recreation ground and the magnificent church of St Mary Magdalene with its rare 12th century fresco paintings and Roman columns, which are considered to be of National importance. The historic market town of Saffron Walden is about 5 miles to the south and provides a wide range of facilities including a variety of shops, schools and restaurants. The University City of Cambridge lies about 10 miles north and is not only renowned for its academic achievements but also as an important centre of the 'high tech' research and development industry. The city provides a wide range of shopping and cultural facilities, along with an excellent choice of schools for all ages. Addenbrooke's Hospital is also easily accessible on the south-eastern side of Cambridge.
London commuters are particularly well served by road or rail with services into Liverpool Street accessible from Great Chesterford Station or Audley End Station. The M11 (junction 9a - south only) is about 2 miles away.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68831888.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101747001804. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Arkwright & Co, Saffron Walden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.