2 bedroom terraced house for saleHorsefair, Kidderminster DY10 2EN
- Virtual Tour - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=76PyApnynWD
- One of Three similar cottages all available. All Freehold with immediate vacant possession.
- Iconic Grade II Listed Weavers' Cottage with Parking and Gardens.
- Cutting Edge '3D Walk Through' Tour Available, ask us to email you the link.
- Newly renovated by The Worcestershire Building Preservation Trust (WBPT) with huge funding from The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF)
- Repaired and re-equipped to the highest standard by specialist contractors Croft Building & Conservation Ltd.
- Full peace of mind with a long life Construction Industry Council, Collateral Warranty right up until April 2029.
- Visit www.phippsandpritchard.co.uk to access the full sales particulars revealing the fascinating history and details of the renovation.
- Further details also available at www.wmhbt.org.uk
- Priced to sell!
Under Instructions From The Worcestershire Building Preservation Trust (WBPT)Number 21 Weavers’ Cottages, Kidderminster, DY10 2EN– Virtual walk-through tour available https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=76PyApnynWD. An iconic newly renovated Grade II Listed end terrace cottage with parking , ideal for both owner occupiers and landlords as a profitable no hassle ‘turn-key’ investment. Buy with full peace of mind with a long life Construction Industry Council Collateral Warranty which is in force until April 2029. Freehold. STOURPORT OFFICE – 01299 822060.
? Virtual tour available - for a full walk through! Can be e.mailed upon request ? A sensational landmark restoration of three iconic Grade II Listed Weavers' Cottages' fully repaired by The Worcestershire Building Preservation Trust Ltd. ? £1million in grants and loans were raised to fund this project including £730,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund. (HLF) www.hlf.org.uk ? All works undertaken at the pinnacle of current building standards by eminent specialist contractors Croft Building & Conservation Ltd of Cannock with the highest level of skill and craftsmanship imaginable. www.croftbc.com ? Works also undertaken under the auspices of specialist Chartered Conservation Architects ? Rodney Melville + Partners. www.rodneymelvilleandpartners.com ? Full peace of mind with a 12 year Construction Industry Council Collateral Warranty ? Completely re-equipped with high quality fitments and stunning bright interiors. ? Well preserved...
The contract of sale will include a covenant to maintain the property in good repair as a condition of the Heritage Lottery Fund grant and a pre-sale pack prepared by our client's Solicitors ? MFG ? will confirm full details.
8' 3'' x 7' 7'' (2.51m x 2.30m)
with four down-lighters, central heating radiator, obscured window to rear elevation, roof light to side aspect, concealed cistern wc, fitted hand wash basin and bath.
From the Landing a further staircase rises to:
SECOND FLOOR THROUGH BEDROOM ONE
13' 5'' x 10' 11'' (4.09m x 3.32m)
[max measurements also including chimney breast] with central heating radiator, secondary glazed window to front elevation, further window to rear elevation and recessed chimney breast.
ALLOCATED PARKING SPACE
[NB: please note that there is a traditional right of way across for number 20 Weavers Cottages] with cold tap, patio area and lawned garden area.
BRICK BUILT ADJOINING STORE
6' 10'' x 3' 5'' (2.08m x 1.04m)
with light and power points.
5' 9'' x 4' 2'' (1.74m x 1.28m)
with door to side elevation opening to outside, fitted roll top surface and plumbing and space for automatic washing machine plus fitted wall cupboard also neatly concealing 'Glow Worm Energy 30c' condensing combination boiler, door to:
10' 10'' x 7' 5'' (3.29m x 2.27m)
with central heating radiator, window to rear elevation, range of wall and base mounted kitchen units with complementary roll top surface over, having inset stainless steel sink unit and inset 'Hotpoint' gas hob, built-in 'Hotpoint' electric oven, built-in under-stairs storage cupboard, door to:
with central heating radiator, obscured window to side elevation, concealed cistern wc and pedestal hand wash basin.
From the Living Room a staircase rises to:
FIRST FLOOR LANDING
with two down-lighters, two built-in double door cupboards and doors to:
10' 10'' x 10' 10'' (3.31m x 3.30m)
[max measurements in to alcove] with central heating radiator, secondary glazed window to front elevation, recessed chimney breast and built-in under-stairs cupboard.
THE SAVING OF WEAVERS' COTTAGES
This property is one of only 3 Grade II Listed Weavers' Cottages now offered for sale by The Worcestershire Building Preservation Trust. These three cottages are the sole physical reminder of Kidderminster's cloth industry which sustained the town for several centuries prior to the growth of the carpet industry in the 19th century. Each one possessed an attic workshop. For more than a generation this landmark terrace of three cottages on the Horsefair in Kidderminster stood empty and neglected and was considered an eyesore by many in the town. But for the interest of the Kidderminster Civic Society these shabby little buildings may well have been swept away for new development. But, those in the know recognised that these buildings were a unique survivor of a trade in the town that pre-dated the much better known carpet weaving industry. Research had revealed that the oldest cottage of the group, which dates from the first half of the 1700s, was built as an artisan...
ACCOMMODATION ON OFFER
This exemplary historic home is truly only full appreciated by personal inspection and simply cannot fail to impress. A delightful spread of accommodation is protected by an alarm system and afforded over three floors to comprise:-
Access is gained via door to:
13' 5'' x 10' 10'' (4.08m x 3.30m)
[max measurements in to alcove] with central heating radiator, secondary glazed window to front elevation, fireplace with 'Flavell' multi-fuel stove and fitted cupboard housing electricity meter and distribution board protecting the electrical installation, door to:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8057261. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Phipps & Pritchard, Stourport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.