4 bedroom detached house for saleGravel Hill, Emmer Green
- Extended 4 bedroom farmhouse in rural setting
- Picturesque South Oxfordshire views
- Spacious accommodation
- 3 Reception rooms
- Much improvement including 2 en-suite bathrooms
- Retaining many Victorian features
- Beautiful grounds of 0.2 Acre
- Within striking distance of Caversham and Reading
An outstanding opportunity to acquire this extended four-bedroomed farmhouse in a rural setting, enjoying beautiful countryside views yet within striking distance of both Caversham and Reading centres. The property has undergone much improvement yet retains its original Victorian charm. The accommodation is spacious, and includes three reception rooms and en-suite bathrooms to two of the bedrooms. There is a detached garage and driveway parking, and the property is set within beautiful, well-maintained grounds of 0.2 Acre. No Chain.
GROUND FLOOR ACCOMMODATION:
A spacious reception hall gives access to the sitting room, the ground floor cloakroom, a storage cupboard and the utility room. The sitting room benefits from an open fireplace, gives access to a staircase rising to the first floor, and leads to the dining room, which leads in turn to the kitchen/breakfast room and garden room. The garden room enjoys a wood burning stove and is dual aspect, overlooking and with French doors to the rear. The kitchen/breakfast room overlooks the rear and has access outside via a useful utility room. The kitchen is fitted with range of hand-painted bespoke units with wooden work surfaces and a butler sink. The current owners have obtained formal confirmation from Reading Borough Council that a proposed orangery style extension to the kitchen and garden room would fall within the definition Permitted Development. For further detail please see Floor Plan.
FIRST FLOOR ACCOMMODATION:
Two of the four bedrooms benefit from en-suite bathrooms and, in addition, two also benefit from dressing rooms. A particular feature is bedroom one which enjoys a very large dressing room and also gives access to a large balcony benefiting from the stunning South Oxfordshire views.
To the front is a driveway providing parking for several vehicles and leading to the garage. The rear garden is a particular feature of the property measuring 0.2 Acre. A paved terrace leads to a well maintained lawn skirted by established trees and shrubs, with beautiful surrounding views.
DOUBLE LENGTH GARAGE:
Detached double length garage with window and courtesy door to the side.
Sitting room: 20`1` x 12`1`
Dining room: 12`1` x 10`10`
Kitchen/breakfast room: 20`3` x 8`5`
Garden room: 16`3` x 10`
Utility room: 10`2` x 8`3`
Bedroom one: 24`1` x 9`
Bedroom two: 12`1` x 11`11`
Bedroom three: 12`1` x 8`1`
Bedroom four: 11`11` x 8`5`
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1958. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bridges Estate Agents , Caversham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.