3 bedroom terraced house for saleCalverley Park Crescent, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1
- 3 bedroom listed town house
- 0.5 miles mainline station
- Overlooking Calverley Park
- 1913 sq ft.over 4 floors
- Sitting room with balcony
- Canopied entrance
- Communal gardens
- Residents' parking
An iconic Grade II* listed town house in a central location close to Calverley Park, about a half mile walk to the mainline station.
2 Calverley Park Crescent is part of the Calverley Park Estate built in the style of the Royal Crescent in Bath and centrally located, within walking distance of the town.
Private and state schools: Well-regarded primaries include St James’ and St Peter’s, both within half a mile, preparatories include The Mead, Rose Hill and Holmewood House, state secondaries in the town, independent senior schools and Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge.
Mainline rail services: Tunbridge Wells (about 0.5 miles) has regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street.
This beautifully-presented Grade II* listed property is one of seventeen elegant townhouses, originally designed by Decimus Burton as a promenade of shops, with lodgings above and built between 1828 and 1835.
The accommodation is arranged over four floors and the property is finished with contemporary fixtures and fittings which complement the many character features to create a delightful and individual home.
Calverley Park Crescent enjoys a convenient location within easy reach of the town shopping centre, theatres, restaurants and the mainline station and overlooks the open spaces of the historic Calverley Park. Further points of note include:
- steps up to a canopied flagstone promenade giving access to number 2;
- many character features including high ceilings, sash windows with folding wooden shutters, a sweeping staircase with spindle balustrade and a polished mahogany bannister, exposed oak floor boards, deep skirtings and picture rails;
- stylish fitted kitchen with granite work tops, twin electric ovens, five-ring gas hob, Belfast sink, wine fridge, wine rack and a dishwasher;
- dining room opening through to the kitchen, with an outlook to the colonnade and featuring a pretty fireplace with a painted mantel and decorative tiled slips;
- First floor: spacious sitting room with twin double doors out to a decked balcony with an outlook to Calverley Park, a fireplace with built-in cupboards and shelves to either side and a characterful double bedroom with a fireplace and fitted wardrobes;
- Second floor: an impressive master bedroom with an outlook over Calverley Park and a well-appointed fitted dressing room opening through to a bath/shower room;
- Lower ground floor: a third double bedroom with built-in wardrobes and an adjoining contemporary-style bath/shower room is located on this level, together with a partly open plan study allowing for flexibility of use with a useful pull-down dividing screen, if required, and a utility room with space and plumbing for appliances.
- a paved colonnade to the front, with steps down to the drive and the communal grounds.
- well-maintained grounds comprising a curved area of lawn and well-stocked herbaceous border bounded by evergreen hedging.
- private residents’ parking on the drive.
Square Footage: 1,913 sq ft
From our offices in Tunbridge Wells High Street head north and turn right at the end onto Vale Road. At the roundabout take the first exit onto Mount Pleasant Road, continue to the traffic lights and turn right onto Crescent Road. Continue past the Assembly Hall on the left and the Hotel du Vin on the right. The stone gated entrance to Calverley Park will be found on the right hand side and the entrance to the Crescent will be found immediately afterwards.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-68967239.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS170340. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.