1 bedroom detached house for saleThe Seashell, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, PH36
- 1 Bedroom & 1 Reception Room
- Unique, contemporary interior
- Highly energy efficient
- Delightful, mature grounds
- Extremely successful 5* holiday let
- About 0.08 hectares (about 0.2 acres) in all
Coming to the market for the first time, this striking architect designed property, offers a wonderful combination of style, character and charm in a stunning and tranquil location on Scotlands west coast on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula. Designed as an idyllic hideaway for a couple, The Seashell succeeds in combining the natural beauty of the area with contemporary living in a completely unique way. The property one of a portfolio of 3 being sold in the area (Aspen Lodge and Brightwater Lodge) by the same owners - has been run as a highly successful 5* holiday let but equally could be enjoyed on a more permanent basis.
As its name suggests, The Seashell follows the shape of a shell, with curved walls leading into a delightful light and airy open space in which to relax, eat and sleep. South facing floor to ceiling windows offer uninterrupted views of the countryside, Loch Sunart and the Morvern Hills beyond. The property has been constructed to make the most of natural materials including wood from local forests in the form of massive, honed tree trunks used to create a living roof and handmade curved doors. The stunning, high specification interior encompasses a wonderful array of contemporary must haves including an elevated, double spa bath, wet room, separate shower, raised, circular open fire place, under floor heating and state of the art lighting. High quality windows and ceramic tiled flooring help keep maintenance to a minimum. Energy efficiency is also assured with an air source heat pump and solar thermal panels while the extensive use of glass maximises solar gain. Designed to blend into the surrounding landscape, The Seashell is topped with a stunning, eco friendly turf roof dotted with wild flowers. Wrapped around the house is attractive wooden cladding providing a low maintenance outer shell.
In addition to the property is a plot of land either for sale as a whole or separately following the sale of the house. The plot is approximately 0.5 acres and comes with full planning permission (ref 15/00959/ERD) for an additional dwelling house.
EPC Rating = C
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69003965.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV170085. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.