5 bedroom town house for saleWelshmill Road, Frome, Somerset, BA11
- Grade II* Listed substantial Home
- Four Bedrooms & Two Bathrooms
- Annex with Bedroom, Living Rm, Kitchen & Shower
- Beautiful Landscaped Gardens
Guide Price £850,000 - £890,000 - Dating from 1790 and built in the Adams Style which was popular at the time, Welshmill House was built by local wool dyer and inventor Robert Meares and is thought to be one of the finest examples of the Adams style buildings in the area. The substantial property was divided in the 1920s by two sisters; one can only imagine the scale of the property before this was done.
The Grade II* property retains many period features including decorative coving in the high ceiling reception rooms, solid wood floors and wood sash windows with shutters. The main House has a nicely proportioned open plan living and dining room with marble fireplace and working open fire, recently built David Salusbury conservatory, a stylish bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with Victorian butlers table and gas Aga, boot room and utility/cloakroom. There are four good-sized bedrooms on the upper floor one with en-suite facilities and a modern and trendy main bathroom with large walk in shower and under floor heating. Adjoining the property is a substantial one bedroom annex, which could be put to many uses including a home office, studio, gym or self-contained holiday accommodation. The gardens have been professionally designed and offer sunny patios, lawn and it is well stocked with mature plants and shrubs. Through new automated electric gates, a gravelled drive leads from the road sweeping round the perimeter of the property to the garage with parking for several vehicles. The property is just a short stroll along the river Frome to the town centre. The property benefits from a recently installed boiler and central heating system and the roof was replaced in 2009.
Frome is a historic market town, just under 13 miles from Bath and surrounded by beautiful countryside. The town has many amenities, including good schools, two theatres, a cinema and a station with rail links to Bath, Bristol and London Paddington.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69120866.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference Welshmill. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hunter French, Frome. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.