6 bedroom semi-detached house for saleHigh Street, Brasted, Westerham, Kent, TN16
- Distinctive Grade II listed Queen Anne house
- Prominent village location
- Elegant proportions
- 3 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Gardens and fields
- Total area about 6.8 acres
Imposing Grade II listed Queen Anne house in a prominent village location with 6.8 acres of gardens and
grounds to the rear
• Brasted House is centrally located in the popular village of Brasted which offers many antique shops, public houses, a village shop and Tea Room.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Sevenoaks (4.2 miles) provides supermarkets and other high street retailers as well as a multitude of Pubs and Restaurants. Westerham (1.7 miles) provides further local shops and restaurants. Bluewater Shopping Centre.
• Mainline Rail Services: Sevenoaks (3.6 miles) to London Bridge/Cannon Street/Charing Cross. Oxted (5.7 miles) to London Victoria.
• Primary Schools: Sundridge, Westerham and Ide Hill.
• Secondary Schools: Judd Boys Grammar in Tonbridge, Weald of Kent and Tonbridge Girls Grammar in Tonbridge, Knole Academy.
• Private Schools: Sevenoaks and Tonbridge Public Schools, Sevenoaks and New Beacon Preparatory Schools, Radnor House in Sundridge, Walthamstow Hall Girls School in Sevenoaks.
• Leisure Facilities: Golf at Westerham, Wildernesse, Knole and Nizels. Sevenoaks Swimming and Leisure Centre. Oxted Leisure Centre. National Trust houses and gardens.
• Motorway Links: Junction 5 of the M25 (1.8 miles), gives access to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel.
Brasted House is an attractive Queen Anne Grade II listed property, centrally located in the popular village of Brasted. The elevations comprise mathematical tiles to the front, tile hung to the rear with a stone elevation to the side, under a pitched tiled roof. The property has period features including attractive fireplaces, high ceilings, picture and dado rails, coving, multi pane sash windows and some window shutters. Of particular note is the attractive rear gardens and adjoining pastureland bordering the River Darent, in total the area amounts to about 6.8 acres.
• Double doors with an attractive fan light window open to the vestibule, and a glazed door leads to the hall with dental coving, dado rails and stairs rising to the first floor.
• The principal reception rooms provide elegant entertaining areas and comprise a drawing room with full height windows set in a generous bay window with views over the rear garden, and a fireplace with detailed wooden surround, mantel shelf and mirror over. The dining room has a bay window to the front and a fireplace.
• The generous study has fitted bookshelves, a fireplace and an outlook over the rear garden.
• The spacious kitchen/breakfast room has a bay window to the front and is fitted with a comprehensive range of wall and base units. Appliances include a Neff eye level double oven, Neff Hob with extractor fan over, space for a dishwasher and fridge freezer. The adjoining utility room has an outlook to the rear and is fitted with a further range of storage cupboards including a
larder, space for a washing machine.
• A rear porch and cloakroom complete the ground floor accommodation.
• The cellar provides storage and a wine store but does have restricted head height.
• Arranged over the first floor accommodation are four bedrooms, three having wardrobes or storage cupboards.
• The modern family bathroom features a double end roll top bath, his and hers vanity unit and double shower cubicle. There is an adjoining W.C with high level cistern.
• The second floor has two bedrooms, a box room and spacious bathroom.
• On the western side of the house there is a shared drive which leads to a private parking area and a former coach house which serves as a garage with two pairs of double doors, cobbled brick floor and stairs leading to a room over which is in need of renovating.
• The rear garden is principally laid to lawn with a rose bed and a variety of mature trees to either side including a majestic weeping ash. The garden continues to a footbridge over a stream and leads to an area of woodland. A second footbridge crosses the River Darent (at this point it is a stream) to an
orchard with a number of fruit trees. Adjoining the orchard is a field which continues past the weir and up towards Brasted Church where there is a gate to Church Road. The gardens and grounds offer privacy and seclusion, and amount to about 6.8 acres.
Agent Note: There is a public footpath along the north boundary from Church Road.
Square Footage: 4,137 sq ft
Acreage: 6.8 Acres
From junction 5 of the M25 take the A21 and head west at the second turn off onto the A25 towards Brasted and Westerham. On entering Brasted village continue past The White Hart public house and Elliotts Lane on the left. Brasted House will be found along on the right hand side just before Chart Lane on the left. The parking and garage is the next drive after Brasted House and Wisteria Cottage on the right.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69228683.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SES170021. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Sevenoaks. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.