4 bedroom detached house for saleNackington Road, Canterbury
A substantial detached house occupying an exceptional plot totalling three quarters of an acre, and set back from the road behind a woodland copse which provides a degree of privacy and seclusion. The property is enviably positioned on one of Canterbury's most sought after roads, 1.5 miles from the City walls and within close proximity to the St Lawrence Cricket Ground.
The accommodation totals 2457 sq ft (228 sq m) and is arranged on the ground floor to provide an entrance hall, three reception rooms, kitchen, utility room, conservatory and a cloakroom. The first floor comprises a spacious landing, four double bedrooms and three bathrooms. There is considerable scope to extend and remodel the existing accommodation (subject to all necessary consents and approvals being obtained), and the opportunity to create an exceptional family home.
The extensive gardens enjoy a Westerly aspect and extend to 247ft (75m), incorporating a large outbuilding. A driveway provides off road parking for a number of vehicles and access to a three car garage.
Location - Nackington Road lies in a favoured position on the Southern side of Canterbury, approximately 1.5 miles from the city walls and accessible to highly regarded local schools, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, The Chaucer Hospital, Canterbury Christ Church University and Kent County Cricket Ground.
The Cathedral City, which is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers a wealth of cultural and leisure amenities including theatres, bars, restaurants and a major shopping centre enjoying a range of mainstream retail outlets as well as many individual and designer shops. The City also benefits from excellent educational facilities including both public and state schools and higher education institutions. There are two mainline railway stations offering fast and frequent services with the high speed Javelin links from Canterbury West to London St Pancras (approximately 56 mins). Communication links are strong with the A2/M2 giving access to the channel ports and connecting motorway network.
Accommodation - The accommodation and approximate measurements are:
Ground Floor -
• Entrance Hall -
• Sitting Room - 6.68m x 4.57m (21'11 x 15'00) -
• Dining Room - 4.07m x 3.33m (13'4" x 10'11") -
• Study - 4.55m x 3.94m (14'11" x 12'11") - at maximum points
• Kitchen - 4.50m x 3.51m (14'9 x 11'6 ) - at maximum points
• Utility Room - 3.02m x 2.67m (9'11" x 8'9") - at maximum points
• Conservatory - 4.67m x 4.14m (15'4 x 13'7) - at maximum points
• Cloakroom -
First Floor -
• Bedroom 1 - 4.59m x 3.66m (15'1" x 12'0") - at maximum points
• En-Suite Shower Room -
• Bedroom 2 - 3.65m x 3.96m (12'0" x 13'0") - at maximum points
• En-Suite Bathroom -
• Bedroom 3 - 3.65m x 3.37m (12'0" x 11'1") -
• Bedroom 4 - 3.65m x 3.00m (12'0" x 9'10") -
• Bathroom - 4.14m x 2.34m (13'7 x 7'8) - at maximum points
• Front Garden - 45.72m x 25.30m (150' x 83'0") - at maximum points
• Rear Garden - 75.29m x 22.86m (247' x 75') - at maximum points
• Garage - 14.91m x 5.84m (48'11 x 19'2) - at maximum points
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69243083.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27309385. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christopher Hodgson, Whitstable. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.