3 bedroom detached house for saleChapel Road, West Bergholt
- Grade II listed detached house
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception rooms
- Ample off road parking
- Front and rear gardens
- Scope to extend subject to planning permission
- Highly popular village with excellent local amenities
- Easy access to the railway station and A12
PROPERTY Rocklands is a spacious Grade II listed detached house set in the highly-regarded village of West Bergholt. The property is understood to date from the 1830s and is constructed of brick elevations under a slate roof with a handsome double-fronted façade. The property would benefit from some updating and there is potential to extend the property, subject to the necessary planning consents. The front door opens to the entrance hall with doors to the sitting room and dining rooms. The dual aspect sitting room has a set of doors opening to the conservatory and also features a fireplace with a brick surround and hearth. The dining room also has a fireplace with a stone surround and hearth.
The spacious kitchen is fitted with a good range of cupboard and drawer units with a gas hob, double oven, extractor hood and space for a fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a downstairs cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
On the first floor, there are three bedrooms and a family bathroom with panelled bath with electric shower (not tested), hand basin and WC.
SITUATION Rocklands is located in the well-regarded village of West Bergholt, which is well served with a good range of local amenities, including a village store, post office, Doctors' surgery, public houses and a popular primary school. There are a number of highly regarded schools within reach including St Mary's, Colchester Royal Grammar School, Stanway School and Holmwood House Prep School. Communications are first rate with easy access to the A12 linking to Ipswich and the A14 to the north and the A120, M25 and London to the south. Mainline rail service is available from nearby Colchester North Station to London Liverpool Street taking about 50 minutes.
OUTSIDE Rocklands is set back behind a small area of front garden, laid to lawn, with a low brick wall with iron railings with rose bushes and climbing hydrangeas. Double wrought iron gates providing access to a driveway with ample parking and leads to the detached garage. The rear garden is predominantly laid to lawn and has both a garden shed and a greenhouse. There are a wide variety of trees and shrubs in the garden including damson, apple, weeping willow, eucalyptus, hazel and lilac.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69324245.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101551001095. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nicholas Percival, Colchester - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.