4 bedroom detached house for salePiddletrenthide, Dorchester
- Substantial family home set in a large garden
- Private rural setting
- Views to the south over open countryside
- Two reception rooms with fireplaces
- Fitted kitchen/breakfast room with Aga
- Utility room
- Downstairs WC
- Master bedroom with en-suite
- Three further double bedrooms
- Former Granary with lovely sitting room
A handsome, traditionally built family home constructed of brick and flint, centrally located in a generous garden. This lovely property is approached via a quiet lane into a private drive sweeping to the side and rear of the house to a large gravelled parking area overlooking the rear garden.
The property has spacious well laid out accommodation over two floors and has been built with lots of character and includes an original seventeenth century granary, converted to preserve its original charm. The main house, built in the 1970’s, has spacious and light accommodation over two floors. On the ground floor are two reception rooms (the granary room and the sitting room), a large reception hall and a generous study. There is a charming kitchen with an AGA, larder and utility room. A lobby divides the main house from the granary which is ideal for boots, coats and dogs or simply a quiet, light seating area.
The first floor has four double bedrooms, a bathroom and includes a master bedroom with adjoining bathroom, all are presented in good order but would benefit from repainting and recarpeting.
Set in the beautiful open countryside of the Piddle Valley and hidden from view due to the private location the house is approached via a private drive with ample parking and access to a double garage. There is a fabulous front and rear level garden with rolling lawns, a kitchen garden and a stone outbuilding (a former eel house). There is a large pond and a paddock with access via a path to the village street to the village shop and pub.
NB we understand the Granary element of the house is listed Grade II as a building of historical or architectural importance.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69570076.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DOR180155. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Dorchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.