5 bedroom detached house for saleSpode Lane, Cowden, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8
- 5 bedrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Secondary accommodation
- Swimming Pool
Superb example of a Grade II* listed Tudor manor house with excellent secondary accommodation set within wonderful gardens and grounds of about 7.8 acres.
Elizabethan historians have said the first owner bore the name Wheystrode, and that he was a Knight to whom the unscrupulous King John gave the Manor for services rendered in 1208. Wheystrode and his descendants were Lords of the Fee, and held the Manor until 1460 when it was passed to John Style, and remained in the family for 300 years. Waystrode Manor is an exceptional Grade II* listed Tudor house which has been the subject of complete refurbishment and extending by the present owners. The house now provides well proportioned accommodation with a wealth of character features together with a subtle mix of modern styling.
Features include exposed wall and ceiling timbers, oak floor boards, lattice and lead light windows, inglenook fireplaces, high ceilings, modern bathroom suites, a bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and under floor heating to the ground floor. The property is located in a rural location with uninterrupted views over the adjoining countryside. In addition to the manor house is the comprehensive secondary accommodation which could be utilized for annexe accommodation, home office and entertaining areas. They comprise a large detached cottage with a spacious first floor flat and storage and garaging on the ground floor. An oast house provides a kitchen, recreation room and first floor room. A coach house has a number of storage rooms and garaging. The Grade II listed timber frame barn has an impressive double height vaulted interior.
The property is located within a rural location within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Metropolitan Greenbelt with far reaching views over the adjoining countryside on the edge of Cowden village, with its public house, church, village hall and primary school.
• Comprehensive shopping: East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells.
• Schools There are many highly regarded schools in the area both state and private.
• Mainline rail service Cowden (London Bridge), East Grinstead (London Victoria), Tunbridge Wells
(London Charing Cross/Cannon Street), Edenbridge Town (London Bridge and Hildenborough
(London Cannon Street).
• Communications The A22 lies to the west and provides access to the M25 orbital motorway linking to other road networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the coast.
(All times and distances approximate)
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHO170310. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Knight Frank, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.