5 bedroom house for saleNewtown, Milborne Port, Sherborne
- * PERIOD CHARACTER FIVE BEDROOM COTTAGE
- * A WEALTH OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEATURES INCLUDING BEAMS, STONE WORK AND FIREPLACES.
- * GENEROUS SOUTH FACING REAR GARDEN (95' x 40') BACKING ON TO OPEN FIELDS
- * SELF CONTAINED OFFICE IN GARDEN!
- * LARGE FIRST FLOOR PRIVATE SUN TERRACE WITH SOUTH FACING ASPECT AND STUNNING VIEWS!
- * PRESTIGIOUS EDGE-OF-VILLAGE POSITION A SHORT DRIVE FROM SHERBORNE TOWN
- * OFF ROAD PARKING FOR TWO CARS
- * FREE FROM LISTED BUILDING RESTRICTIONS
• PERIOD CHARACTER FIVE BEDROOM COTTAGE
• A WEALTH OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FEATURES INCLUDING BEAMS, STONE WORK AND FIREPLACES.
• GENEROUS SOUTH FACING REAR GARDEN (95' x 40') BACKING ON TO OPEN FIELDS
• SELF CONTAINED OFFICE IN GARDEN!
• LARGE FIRST FLOOR PRIVATE SUN TERRACE WITH SOUTH FACING ASPECT AND STUNNING VIEWS!
• PRESTIGIOUS EDGE-OF-VILLAGE POSITION A SHORT DRIVE FROM SHERBORNE TOWN
• OFF ROAD PARKING FOR TWO CARS
• FREE FROM LISTED BUILDING RESTRICTIONS
Spacious, 5 bed characterful stone cottage. Peacefully located in Newtown, sought after conservation area, Offers excellent living accommodation with the bonus of a fully wired home office within the large enclosed garden
The property is beautifully presented throughout with many lovely features, all of which enhance the character and charm of the house. These include stone fireplaces with log burning stoves, exposed beams, large, sunny, south-facing roof terrace, traditional wrought iron radiators and flagstone and wooden floors.
Stunning views over open countryside at the rear, backing directly onto fields and enjoying a sunny southerly aspect.
There is off road parking to the front of the property for 2 cars.
Situated conveniently within easy walking distance to the core facilities of the village it also enjoys superb rural walks straight from the front door!
The accommodation comprises:
5 Bedrooms (master with en-suite)
2 Reception rooms- both with wood flooring, log burner, exposed beams and stone walls
Large open plan kitchen dining room overlooking the garden
Utility Room/ 2nd kitchen
Huge South facing roof terrace
Generous south facing garden with mature planting, storage shed
Self contained, fully wired office
Mains gas Central Heating
Double glazing to rear
Off road parking for 2 cars
Free from listed building restrictions
Newtown is an extremely peaceful and rural part of Milborne Port, yet conveniently located within easy walking distance to the village amenities, that include, primary school, pubs, medical centre, mini-supermarkets, vet, churches, library, butcher, fish and chip restaurant, petrol garage, post office, village hall and 4 play parks.
Situated just 2 ½ miles from the attractive market town of Sherborne and 7 miles from local regional centre of Yeovil. Between them they offer an excellent range of cultural, recreational, shopping and business facilities. Sporting and riding opportunities abound within the area, while the region is well known for its schools which include the Sherborne Schools, Bruton, Millfield and St Anthony’s Leweston to name a few.
Communication links are good with local buses offering regular services from MIlborne Port to Sherborne, Wincanton, Yeovil and beyond. Bus pick-ups in the village also operate for the local private and state schools. Mainline stations at Sherborne and Castle Cary link directly with London Waterloo and London Paddington respectively, Road links are along the A303 joined at Wincanton, giving access to London and the South West.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69790439.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference RES0070064E5. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rolfe East, Sherborne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.