Land for saleThe Quay, Oreston
Withdrawn from Market
- 8 bedroom and 4 reception waterside home
- Incorporating high specification penthouse apartment with balcony
- 3,500 sq ft
- Integral garage
- Pre application indicative guide to conversion to 3 homes
- Previously incorporating retail use and B & B
- River views from principal rooms
- Local moorings available
DESCRIPTION Luscombe Maye present this fine 8 bedroom and 4 reception waterside home which incorporates a wonderful penthouse apartment with large balcony. There is a feature roof terrace at rear. The property is suitable as a large family home or multiple family/residential dwelling. The property was formally used as a Bed and Breakfast and we understand that a pre-planning application was submitted to Plymouth City Council who have indicated, (subject to consent), the possibilities of creating 3 luxury apartments with integral parking to the lower floor. This substantial property is arranged over 4 levels and is believed to date back to the 19th Century set in an historic waterfront.
The floor plan allows applicants to appreciate the full versatility of this wonderful home.
LOCATION Located on the Southern banks of the Cattewater, Oreston is a former fishing village. There are a variety of amenities and recreational facilities available. This delightful coastal location provides moorings for boating enthusiasts and the use of the free public slipways. There is a popular public house and restaurant 'The Kings Arms' and the village is served by a corner shop 'Quay News'. The local primary school has gained academy status and been consistently ranked as one of Plymouth's best primary schools. The area benefits from two leading secondary schools.
There is a regular bus service providing access to Plymstock and Plymouth City Centre. A short distance from the property is the Broadway shopping centre where there are an array of shops and supermarkets. A water taxi operates from Mount batten water sports and activities centre to Plymouth Barbican.
AGENT'S NOTE Please note that the property has both vehicular and pedestrian right of way at all times from the rear of Coombe House to Endsleigh Road.
MOORINGS/SLIPWAY Moorings are available for rental through the Cattewater Harbour Commissioners. Further information can be found on their website or by calling 01752 665934.
Public slipways are also visible from the property.
SOUTH WEST COASTAL PATH AND CYCLE ROUTE The property was formally advertised in the South West Coastal Path publication, with the path itself directly in front of the property, this may be a potential business opportunity for applicants to re-create B & B accommodation.
Plymouth City Council Pre-application. Proposal 3 flats with 3 internal car parking spaces. "The local Planning Authority stated that they would not wish to raise any objections in principle to the proposed development". Applicants are advised to seek further consultation as to whether this may still stand in current application rules.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101034011258. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Luscombe Maye, Yealmpton - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.