4 bedroom detached house for sale21 Boglily Road, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY2
- Outstanding family home situated in a lovely situation close to Beveridge Park on the edge of Kirkcaldy.
- 2 reception rooms, kitchen, 4 bedrooms (1 en suite), study, bathroom, utility room, WC.
- Outstanding roof terrace off master bedroom.
- Detached annexe with office, shower room and first floor bedroom.
- Beautifully maintained garden and grounds approached by double drive.
- Only a short distance to Beveridge Park and Kirkcaldy Railway Station.
- Two garden stores. Argentinian barbeque.
- Ideal for commuting to Edinburgh.
- VIEWING ESSENTIAL.
21 Boglily Road is an outstanding property quietly positioned on the edge of a quiet residential area just a short distance from Beveridge Park on the south west side of Kirkcaldy. Known as the “Lang Toun” the popular Fife town is very well located for the commuter and benefits from a comprehensive offering of services and amenities including several large supermarkets, shops, banks, health centres, restaurants, pubs and hospital. Kirkcaldy Farmers Market is a regular event selling high quality Scottish produce. A wider offering of amenities is available in Glenrothes and Dunfermline which are both close by, with St Andrews, Perth, Dundee and Edinburgh all within comfortable driving distance. From Kirkcaldy there is easy access to the lovely quaint villages of Fife’s East Neuk such as Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie, whilst the glorious countryside and coastline in the area comprises a lovely mix of rolling hills, woods, farmland, river and beaches offering considerable scope for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, riding, cycling, sailing, shooting and fishing all readily available along with an abundance of wildlife. It is the game of golf for which Fife is best known with many highly rated courses in a comparatively small area including the Old Course at St. Andrews which plays regular host to the Open Championship along with the likes of Ladybank, Lundin Links and Crail. Accessibility is excellent with the centre of Edinburgh is only 27 miles distant by road. There is a main line railway station in Kirkcaldy whilst Edinburgh Airport is about 24 miles from the house. Primary and secondary schooling is available locally with independent schooling available at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee, along with several highly rated schools in Perth and Edinburgh.
Built in 1924 of white painted rendered walls under a series of red tiled roofs, with various dormers, 21 Boglily Road has an attractive façade approached by a protruding porch. The house has been well maintained and has many fine high quality features including the fitted kitchen by Loxely with “cats paw oak” fitted floor and wall cupboards with granite work surfaces. The house also benefits from hard wood double glazed windows throughout.
The entrance porch leads into a broad hallway corridor (with two storage cupboards and fitted bookshelves) with doors off to a sitting room with open fire, bedroom with en suite shower room, family room/dining room (with mains gas stove and under floor heating) and family kitchen. French doors lead out from the dining room and the sitting room to a lovey south facing terrace, which looks onto the beautifully maintained garden. The kitchen has a large central island with dining area and an excellent range of integral appliances (by Miele), which include a 5 ring mains gas hob, fan oven, steam oven, warming drawer, combination microwave oven, coffee machine, fridge and freezer. An archway off the kitchen leads to a utility room, which has a Corian worktop and space and venting for a tumble dryer and includes a large Liebherr fridge, Neff dishwasher and a side entrance.
The bedroom accommodation on the first floor comprises a master bedroom (with fitted cupboards on one wall and French doors leading out to an outstanding roof terrace) as well as two further bedrooms, which have built in storage cupboards. Also on the first floor is a study/dressing room and a lovely bathroom with Villeroy and Boch suite and tiles.
The house is approached from Boglily Road by two entrances, which lead to a driveway to the north side of the house, situated off which is a former garage which has been converted into a useful annexe with an office and shower room at ground floor level. A side entrance hall leads up to a useful bedroom/playroom on the first floor. The studio building benefits from fully double glazed PVC windows and it has its own mains gas combi boiler providing hot water and heating. To the rear of the annexe, and approached from a terrace by a side door, is a useful tool store.
To the other side of the house an archway leads through a wall with a bin store and boiler room with Belfast sink. At the base of the garden are a garden store (with electric power and light), garden shed and a children’s play area. Also in the grounds is a greenhouse.
The garden and grounds have been well maintained and are largely contained by stone walls, fencing and mature hedging. A lovely terrace is situated to the south side of the house, which can be approached by doors from the dining area and sitting room. The gardens to the south side of the house are largely laid to lawn and fringed by mature trees and shrubs and the property is screened from Boglily Road to the north by an established hedge. Situated off the top driveway is a useful area of wooded grounds, which houses an Argentinian barbeque.
For Satnav purposes the postcode is KY2 5NF.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Fitted carpets and curtains are included in the sale. No items are included unless specifically mentioned in these particulars.
Intruder alarm and security lighting. Smoke detectors connected to alarm system.
For Council Tax Purposes 21 Boglily Road has been assessed as band H.
The EPC rating is E.
By appointment with the Selling Agents.
1. These particulars are intended to give a fair and overall description of the property. If any points are relevant to your interest, please ask for further information, prior to viewing. Prospective purchasers are advised to seek their own professional advice.
2. Areas, measurements and distances are given as a guide. Photographs depict only certain parts of the property. Nothing within the particulars shall be deemed to be a statement as to the structural condition, nor the working order of services and appliances.
3. These particulars shall not be binding on our clients whether acted on or otherwise, unless the same is incorporated within a written document, signed by our clients or on their behalf, satisfying the requirements of Section 3 of The Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.
4. Closing Date
A closing date may be fixed. Prospective purchasers who have notified their interest through lawyers to Galbraith, in writing, will be advised of a closing date, unless the property has been sold previously.
The Seller will not be obliged to accept the highest, or indeed any offer and has the right to accept an offer at any time or withdraw the property from the market. The Seller will not be liable for any costs incurred by interested parties.
Formal offers in the acceptable Scottish form should be submitted, through a Scottish Lawyer, to 16 St. Catherine Street, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4HH.
6. Third Party Rights and Servitudes
The subjects are sold together with and subject to all existing rights of way, servitudes, wayleaves and others whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise, and purchasers will be deemed to have satisfied themselves in all respects thereof.
Galbraith has an alliance with Fox Private Finance, a brokerage with a bespoke approach to funding. Through their relationships with retail, commercial and private banks they can assist with securing a mortgage to suit your circumstances. For further information contact Matthew Griffiths, based in our Edinburgh office, on 0131 240 6990.
EPC Rating = E
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70204466.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CUP170135. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Cupar - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.