4 bedroom end of terrace house for saleTown Street, Rodley, Leeds
- Fantastic Grade ll property
- Versatile living accommodation
- Set over four floors
- Enclosed garden with spectacular canal views
- Off street parking
- Close to local amenities
- Viewing is essential!
UNEXPECTEDLY RE-OFFERED FOR SALE
A rare opportunity has arisen to purchase "the most popular house in Leeds" (Yorkshire Post) A unique Grade II listed CANAL SIDE residence, formerly three cottages that has been carefully converted into one large dwelling with versatile living accommodation...
RARE TO THE MARKET is this FANTASTIC Grade II listed property which dates back to 1690 and has been touched by history with a past that includes being a shop on Town Street, production of textiles, prayer meetings, band rehearsal and the development and growth around the Leeds Liverpool canal. It was formally three separate houses 130, 132 and 134 Town Street housing large families on the lower levels. Following, planning permission approval, in 2010 the stone roof was lifted and relayed, the windows were replaced on every floor and a Juliet balcony created in the rear bedroom.
According to the Yorkshire Post (21.12.17) this is "the most popular property in Leeds". To read the full artcile visit; https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/this-gorgeous-canalside-property-is-the-most-popular-house-in-leeds-1-8922617
RARE TO THE MARKET is this FANTASTIC Grade 11 property which dates back to 1690 and has been touched by history with a past that includes being a shop on Town Street, production of textiles, prayer meetings, band rehearsal and the development and growth around the Leeds Liverpool canal. It was formally three separate houses 130, 132 and 134 Town Street housing large families on the lower levels. Following, planning permission approval, in 2010 the stone roof was lifted and relayed, the windows were replaced on every floor and a Juliet balcony created in the rear bedroom.
Ground Floor - Canal Level
A large space, with plumbing for a washing machine, which is currently used as a games room and has access to the canal garden. The whole floor offers great potential for development opportunities subject to the necessary planning and consents.
A good sized barrelled vaulted cellar providing ample storage space.
Second Vaulted Cellar
Providing further storage.
Lower First Floor
A generous sized double bedroom with a central heating radiator and a windowed door to the rear elevation. The door leads out to a Juliet balcony, which boasts stunning open views over the canal, fields and livery stables.
Another good sized double bedroom with a central heating radiator and windows to the front and side elevations.
A four piece suite comprising; bath with shower over, shower cubicle, wash hand basin, a W.C, a central heating radiator, extractor fan and windows to the side elevations.
Upper Ground Level
A two piece suite comprising; wash hand basin and a low level flush W.C. and a window to side elevation
Lounge/ Dining Room
A spacious lounge/ dining area with parquet flooring, a central heating radiator and windows to the front elevation providing an abundance of natural light.
Door to front with Parquet flooring, a central heating radiator and a window to the side elevation.
A very large fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units including complementary work surfaces, incorporating a sink and drainer unit, large second sink, oven, hob, cooker-hood, built in fridge, freezer and dishwasher, a central heating radiator, spacious dining area and a window to the rear elevation with spectacular view to the rear of the property.
Upper First Floor
Upper Floor Lounge
A stunning, larger than average room that boasts beautiful beams, an exposed stone chimney breast with feature fireplace inset, double height ceiling and with windows to the front, rear and side, in addition to skylight windows there is an abundance of natural light. This striking room is currently used as a lounge but offers great potential to be split into two additional bedrooms subject to the necessary planning and consents.
There is off street parking to the side of the property and to the rear is a low maintenance garden which is adjacent to the Leeds Liverpool canal with open views over fields and livery stables.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70221611.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PDY108969. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Pudsey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.