Land for saleHillcrest Bungalow, St Johns Road, Exmouth, Devon, EX84EB
Sale by Tender
- 1951 3 bed prefab bungalow for sale by tender/conditional offer
- No guide price
- Closing date - 2pm Monday 15 April 2019
- Opportunities for alternative uses subject to planning permission
- All enquiries NPS South West Ltd Email: email@example.com
- Contact - Emily Kinver 01392 351055
- EPC - F rating
The site is located in the popular East Devon estuary town of Exmouth, offering all the convenience of being in a town with local amenities whilst being close to the coast.
The site extends to an area of approximately 0.06ha (0.15 acres) as shown edged red on the site plan.
The property has a right of way over the adjacent tarmacadam private road.
The three bed Woolaway prefabricated reinforced concrete bungalow was constructed in 1951 to house the caretaker of Hillcrest School. The bungalow extends to 124m2 GIA.
Strictly by appointment with NPS South West Ltd.
From Exmouth continue in a south westerly direction along Rolle Road, take the first exit onto Salterton Road and continue for around a mile before turning left into Bradham Lane, follow this round for around half a mile and then turn right. The property will be found in around half a mile on the right hand side.
Health and safety
Care must be taken whilst viewing to avoid accident or injury. Save for death or personal injury caused by their negligence, neither NPS Group nor the Vendor shall accept any responsibility for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, whilst viewing the property and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this disclaimer by entering onto the site.
All enquiries should be directed to East Devon District Council tel: 01395 516551.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are available in the vicinity. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves through their own enquiries to the relevant authority as to the availability, suitability and capacity of services to the site.
Hillcrest Bungalow – EPC band F
See Certificate at end of these particulars.
Tenure and Tender Information Pack
The property is available freehold with vacant possession on completion.
A tender information pack may be obtained from NPS South West Ltd which contains property information and the Form of Tender.
Due to money laundering regulations interested parties will be required to return the appropriate attached form(s) and provide I.D. before being sent this pack.
Rights of way
The sale is subject to all rights of support, public and private rights of way, water, light, drainage and other easements, quasi-easements and wayleaves, all or any other like rights, whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Interested parties are advised that the County Council, as Vendor, has confirmed (where it is able and not required by law) it will not take any steps to waive the exemption from VAT in respect of the Property prior to completion of the purchase.
Method of sale
Interested parties are invited to submit Formal Tenders for the property and/or conditional offers including offers conditional on the grant of planning permission.
The procedures for the submissions of Formal Tenders and/or Conditional Offers are outlined below.
Formal Tenders and Conditional Offers must additionally be accompanied by the following information:
1. Evidence of the Offerer’s financial standing and ability to proceed.
2. Plan / address details of any other property in the vicinity belonging to the Offerer and details of existing and proposed uses for that land.
3. Any other information or proposals of which the Offerer considers that the County Council may wish to be aware when considering the offer.
This is an unconditional offer which if accepted by the Vendor is binding. The Form of Tender together with the Particulars of Sale, Conditions of Tender and Special Conditions of Sale are included in the tender information pack.
An unconditional offer may be submitted on the Form of Tender completed in accordance with the provisions set out in the Form of Tender in an envelope duly sealed and marked “Tender for Hillcrest Bungalow, Exmouth - Closing Date 15 April 2019” but not bearing the name or mark indicating the Sender including by franking to reach the County Solicitor Room, G23, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD before 2pm on 15 April 2019.
If a Formal Tender is accepted, completion of the sale will take place on 3 June 2019 or if the Seller so requires (on giving not less than 10 days’ notice) on any later date up to 1 June 2019.
Offer Conditional upon the Grant of Planning Permission
Conditional offers should be submitted with any necessary supporting information as detailed in the tender information pack in an enclosed envelope duly sealed and marked “Conditional Offer for Hillcrest Bungalow, Exmouth - Closing Date 15 April 2019” but not bearing the name or mark indicating the Sender including by franking and dispatched to reach the County Solicitor Room, G23, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD before 2pm on 24 February 2019.
If the Vendor decides to accept a Conditional Offer in preference to a Formal Tender, the prospective purchaser would be invited to enter into a contract based on the Heads of Terms detailed in the tender information pack. A copy of the draft conditional contract is also included in the tender information pack.
Terms of sale
1. Offers are to be received by 2pm 15 April 2019 using the ‘Form of Offer’ attached to these particulars.
2. All offers received will be held unopened until the closing date.
3. Facsimile and email offers will not be considered.
4. Offers cannot be accepted by NPS Group either at its offices or by its employees.
5. The Vendors do not bind themselves to accept either the highest or any offer received.
6. For conditional offers acceptance of an offer does not form a legally binding contract between the parties.
7. Offers are to be for a fixed figure in pounds sterling and should be given in words and figures. They must not be calculable only by reference to other bids.
NPS Group for themselves and for the vendors of this property whose agents they are give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchaser(s) ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and if necessary permissions for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of NPS Group has any authority to make or give any representation to warranty, whether in relation to this property or particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser(s) in inspecting making further enquiries or submitting offers for the property that has been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. The Vendors do not undertake to accept the highest or any of the tenders or offers received.
6. NPS is obliged under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and the Money Laundering Act , Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 to verify the identity of the purchaser of any description
Misrepresentation Act 1967
The property is sold with all faults and defects whether of condition or otherwise and the Vendor is not responsible for any such faults or defects, or for any statement contained in the particulars.
The Purchaser shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not submitted his offer in reliance on any of the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the Vendor or its servants or agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the Purchaser to rescind or to be discharged from the contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages, nor in any circumstances give either party cause for action.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70223395.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4627. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by NPS , Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.