7 bedroom detached house for saleBlofield Hall, Hall Road, Blofield, Norfolk
The Coach House is a magnificent 7 bedroom conversion of a former Victorian Coach House with original clock tower and fine architectural features by Draper Nichols of Norwich. Set in mature gardens and grounds of 0.84 acres (stms) within the private gated development of Blofield Hall, which offers an additional 16 acres of gardens and grounds with communal access.
- L-shaped entrance hall
- Kitchen/dining room
- Open plan sitting room
- Bedroom 2 with en suite
- Utility room
- Master bedroom with en suite
- Dressing room
- 4 further bedrooms, 1 with en suite & mezzanine
- Family bathroom
- Family room/snug
- Feature glass bridge/walkway to water tower
- Dressing room
- Shower room
- Stairs to 2nd floor bedroom
- Electric double gate entrance
- Ample parking & turning area
- Large decked area with pond & original Victorian glass canopy
- Original clock tower
- Mature garden & grounds
- Large area of woodland
- In all approx. 0.84 acres (stms)
- Communal access to Blofield Halls private grounds of approx. 16 acres
DRIVING DISTANCES (approx.)
- Brundall 2.5 miles
- The Broads 4.5 miles
- Norwich 6.5 miles
- Coast 14 miles
The Coach House is situated on the edge of Blofield Heath about 6.5 miles to the east of Norwich. Local amenities can be found in both Blofield, comprising shop, post office, school and church. The popular, yet quiet village of Brundall is just 2.9 miles away is very well served with local schooling, doctors, dentist, numerous shops, a post office, local pub, and 2 train stations (Brundall & Brundall Gardens). The house is well situated for easy access to both Norwich and Yarmouth and is also well placed for the Norfolk Broads and the coast.
The Cathedral City of Norwich is 8.4 miles west of Ashby St. Mary and offers a vibrant arts and business community and is the regional centre for cultural and shopping amenities. There is a permanent market in the centre of the city and a wonderful Cathedral Close on the edge of the River Wensum. Norwich has a mainline railway station (London Liverpool Street, 100 minutes) and to the north of the city is Norwich International Airport.
The Coach House is located within the gated grounds of Blofield Hall, which benefits from 16 acres of mature park and woodland and offers the surrounding properties privacy and seclusion. The original part of Blofield Hall underwent a sensitive renovation project on which the developers also extended in keeping with the original building.
The Coach House is a former Victorian Coach House which has been beautifully converted into a spacious 7 bedroom property of architecturally designed (renovated 2006) single storey living with mezzanine and first floor additions and benefiting from ample off road parking and a charming rear garden and woodland area beyond.
A beautiful heavy wooden door opens into a long L-shaped entrance hall with travertine flooring, double fitted cloak cupboards and numerous large windows that capture the natural light. Following the hallway to the left leads into the spacious open plan kitchen/dining room/sitting room. This is a large space that benefits from good natural light. It has beautiful oak flooring and forms the real heart of the property. The kitchen is equipped with high quality bespoke walnut units with soft close drawers and luxurious worktops. There is a large central island with integrated induction hob and overhead extractor unit. Further integrated appliances include refrigerator, dishwasher, fan oven, combination microwave, steam oven and warming drawer. and there are waste and recycle bins. There is a double-sided wood burner, which is a particularly lovely feature and a spacious dining area.
The sitting room is a large contemporary room with dual aspect, wood burning stove set in an inglenook fireplace and a contemporary glass and oak staircase leading to the mezzanine study area and the water tower. Beyond the sitting room is a bedroom with vaulted ceiling, door out to a decked terrace and en suite bathroom with shower, sink, W.C. and heated towel rail.
The utility room leads off from the kitchen and comprises base and wall units with sink and ample space and plumbing for an American style fridge/freezer, washing machine and a tumble dryer. There is a slate flooring, dual aspect views to the side and rear of the property and a door opening out onto a private gravelled area that runs the length of the property with pedestrian gate leading into the rear garden.
Returning to the hallway, the bedrooms and bathrooms follow the L-shaped hallway and lead off to the left. The hallway features oak flooring and windows along the full length of the hall. The family bathroom enjoys a corner jacuzzi bath, wash hand basin, W.C., heated towel rail and slate flooring. The master bedroom is a large airy room with vaulted ceiling, en suite shower room and adjacent dressing room with Velux window. The bedroom sitting adjacent to the dressing room/wardrobe has a staircase leading up to a mezzanine sitting area and there is an en suite bathroom that serves this bedroom and the one adjacent. There are two further bedrooms on this floor, in addition to a family room/snug which enjoys a contemporary wall mounted fire, en suite cloakroom and direct access to a large external store room.
The mezzanine study area does have restricted height but features oak flooring, large Velux windows and a magnificent feature glass bridge/walkway to the original water tower.
The water tower has been beautifully converted into a self-contained annexe with dressing room, shower room and a bedroom with dual aspect up on the 2nd floor.
The property is approached via a long (approx. 0.3miles) tree lined driveway with electric security gates to the development. The grounds of The Coach House are reached through a private electric gate into a large gravelled courtyard with ample space for parking and turning. There is a large raised decked area with a Koi carp pond with underwater fluorescent lighting, providing a lovely effect. A particularly striking feature is the original Victorian Coach House glass canopy above this terrace and the original coach house clock and bell tower. There is a further raised decked terrace with side frontage.
The private rear garden is south facing and mainly laid to lawn with mature borders and specimen trees, a terraced area, an area of natural woodland beyond and established hedging which provides privacy and security.
Broadland Council Tel: 01603 430 600
Oil-fired underfloor heating, mains electricity, water and drainage. There is a service charge of £96.00 p.c.m. for the maintenance of the communal grounds.
From Norwich take the A47 eastwards to Great Yarmouth. At the roundabout, go straight ahead and turn off left signposted to Blofield Heath. Turn right at junction to Blofield Heath and follow this road. Before passing the 30mile an hour sign, turn left signposted Hall Road. About ¾ of a mile turn left through the gates signposted Blofield Hall. On arriving at the main gates, wait and the gates should open automatically. The driveway sweeps round to the left, a visitors parking area is located on the left and then the gated entrance to The Coach House is immediately after that, also on the left.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70728374.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR150266. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.