7 bedroom detached house for saleBoscastle, Bude, Cornwall, PL35
- 5 double bedroom (5 en-suite) 4-star guesthouse
- 2 bedroom owners accommodation
- Double garage and ample off-road parking for guests and owners
- Well enclosed lawn and gravelled gardens to the rear
- Prime trading position in the centre of the village
- Situated very close to the harbour and access to the North Cornish coastal path
- Easy access to the village facilities
- Very well presented throughout
- Oil fired central heating
- Being sold as a going concern with the majority the business furniture included
Lower Meadows is currently run as a four-star guest-house/bed-and-breakfast business, with five letting bedrooms, all with good quality en-suite facilities, arranged as three double bedrooms, one twin bedroom and one family suite. The family suite consists of a double bedroom, a twin room and an en-suite facility with access to a balcony with views over the valley at the rear. Downstairs the guests have access to the dining room which accommodates 12 covers and is a pleasant room to enjoy breakfast.
The owners accommodation comprises of the kitchen, a sunroom/dining room with French doors opening out onto the rear southerly patio, a utility room, a family bathroom, a lounge with a lovely wood burner, a main bedroom and a study/bedroom two. Subject to a change of use the property could also be converted into a large family property with secluded south facing gardens, which have a lawn, gravelled areas and patios to enjoy the best of the afternoon sun and the driveway provides ample off-road parking and access into the double garage.
The property is well presented throughout with slate flooring all the way through on the ground floor, UPVC double glazed windows throughout, oil fired central heating providing warmth and with recent improvements including a solid roof, and two new sets of French doors leading out onto the patio, from the sunroom/dining room
Boscastle itself is a popular coastal destination with Lower Meadows having very easy access to the local shops for day-to-day shopping, and the range of Cafes and restaurants in the lower part of the village. Just a short stroll away leads you to the Elizabethan harbour and access onto the North Cornish coastal path. The upper part of the village benefits from a doctors surgery, the County primary school and a further public house. The towns of Launceston, Wadebridge, Camelford and Bude are all within an approximate 40 minute drive, with a wide range of educational, recreation and commercial facilities.
The business is trading as a guest house, run by the husband-and-wife team, and trade seven months of the year April to the end of October, choosing to open the business flexibly over the quieter winter months. Further accounts information will be made available to seriously interested parties following a viewing.
Mains water, electric and drainage
COUNCIL TAX BAND
Business rates - property zero business rated
Owners accommodation - Band B
For Business Rates and Council Tax Banding confirmation please telephone Cornwall Council 0300 1234 100
From Bude proceed south along the A39 passing through the village of Wainhouse Corner. Proceed for approximately half a mile and take the right turn sign-posted Boscastle. Turn right and follow this road towards the centre of the village. As you proceed down Penally Hill, Lower Meadows will be found on the left hand side.
Guest Dining Room
5.09m x 3.3m
2.77m x 5.13m
Sun Room/Dining Room
5.13m x 3.1m
2.38m x 1.78m
Owners Bedroom 1
3.18m x 3.01m
4.1m x 3.16m
Owners Bedroom 2
2.96m x 2.31m
3.6m x 3.56m
Family Suite Double Bedroom
3.89m x 2.59m
Family Suite Single Room
2.39m x 2.76m
3.48m x 2.59m
3.13m x 2.98m
4.42m x 3.15m
7.53m x 5.47m
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70783208.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUD170284. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Webbers Property Services, Bude. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.