5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleFrant Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
- Reception Hall
- Drawing Room
- Snug/TV Room
- Open plan large Kitchen-Breakfast-Dining Room
- Utility Room
- Principal Bedroom with a Dressing Room and En Suite Shower Room
- 4 further Bedrooms one with En Suite Shower Room
- Family Bathroom
- Gas Fired Central Heating
This fine town house is the principal and major part of an Edwardian house extensively renovated with contemporary fixtures and fittings and extended by the current owners. In creating this impressive family house care has been taken to preserve and enhance the many period features but at the same time incorporating present day technology. Points of particular note include:-
• The light and spacious beautifully presented accommodation incorporates high ceilings, leaded light and picture windows, fireplaces, re-conditioned wide plank oak flooring, and a muted colour scheme.
• The fine reception hall creates a wonderful first impression of the house with its carefully restored oak joinery including dado panelling, balustrade staircase, carved architraves, and a fireplace with decorative tiled slips, carved wood surround and fitted with a coal effect gas fire.
• The elegant drawing room has a wide bay window with outlook to the front, a very attractive Art Deco fireplace with carved surround and mantel.
• The superb Kitchen-Breakfast-Dining room is just under 30’ in length and has wide bi-fold doors opening to the rear terrace and garden. There are bespoke contemporary painted wood cupboards and drawers with generous island unit/breakfast bar, twin butlers sinks and quartz and marble work tops, integrated appliances include Falcon range style cooker with gas hob, gas and electric ovens, American style fridge/freezer, a wine cooler, dishwasher and Quooker hot water tap and with polished oak flooring throughout.
• There is a separate well fitted utility room with space for washing machine and tumble dryer. This room opens through to the delightful snug/TV room.
• On the first floor the delightful principal bedroom has a wide bay window with louvered shutters and a decorative fireplace. The en suite dressing room is fitted with hanging and drawer space and there is a very well appointed shower room.
• The two further double bedrooms on this floor, one at present fitted as a study and these are served by a beautifully fitted bathroom with ball and claw bath with hand shower set, pedestal basin, a low flush WC, and shower cubicle.
• From the top floor there are lovely views over the roof tops of Mount Sion and the ‘village area’. The larger bedroom has a good living area and an en suite shower room, the further double bedroom has built in cupboards and a generous eaves storage room.
• There is underfloor heating to the majority of the ground floor, zoned central heating, cabling and wiring for a remote controlled Sonos and wi-fi system.
The house is set in the highly regarded and sought after southern part of Tunbridge Wells close to the historic Pantiles with its boutiques, restaurants, tea rooms and pubs and also within easy reach of the High Street with its variety of shops and many further restaurants. In the town centre there is a wide range of shops including many national stores. Recreational amenities in the town include 2 theatres, a cinema complex, 2 golf courses, a sports and leisure centre. There are excellent educational facilities including grammar and independent schools, preparatory schools and further afield public schools, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
The house is approached via a 5 bar gate to a wide parking and turning area with space for several vehicles, surrounding there is a screen of mature trees providing a good level of privacy to either side. The attractive enclosed rear garden includes a wide terrace spanning the wide bi-fold doors from the kitchen creating ideal space for entertaining. Beyond this is an area of lawn with a pretty pond with a Wendy house at the end. Again the garden is well screened by mature trees, shrubs, hedging and a brick wall.
Train services- Tunbridge Wells station for Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street about 50/55 minutes.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71135852.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN160245. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International Sales, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.