3 bedroom detached house for saleGledhow Lane, Roundhay, Leeds
- ***LOTS OF SCOPE & POTENTIAL***
- For extension/development
- (Subject to planning/building regulations)
- Three bedroom detached property
- Requiring modernisation
- Set back from road with large gardens
- Plot backing onto Roundhay High School
- Tree lined avenue in conservation area
A unique and exciting opportunity to purchase a project property standing within particularly large gardens in the prime residential suburb of Roundhay with the advantage of being on the doorstep of Roundhay High School and therefore definitely in the catchment. The property and plot together afford lots of scope and potential for a substantial extension or development and modernisation to create a personalised family home (subject to the usual planning/building/conservation regulations).
The property sits centrally in the plot, and is set well back from the roadside with a substantial lawned frontage and long driveway to a tandem garage. To the rear is also a large mature garden which backs onto the school playing fields and enjoys a good degree of privacy. The accommodation currently has an entrance hall with turned staircase to the first floor with a cloakroom/W.C, a triple aspect living room, a dining room and breakfast kitchen with a utility to the rear. The first floor landing proves access to two double bedrooms, a single bedroom and bathroom. The layout lends itself readily to extension.
The property is just within the Roundhay Conservation Area on tree lined Gledhow Lane. Extensive local amenities are on nearby Oakwood Parade, including restaurants, independant bars, cafes, and a variety of shops and a library. Iconic Oakwood Clock hosts a monthly Farmers Market and community evets throughout the year. Additional facilities on Street Lane include popular restaurants, cafe bars and designer boutiques.
Leafy Roundhay Park is just a few minutes away and offers many recreational amenities including parkland walks, the lakes, the sweeping lawns and sports grounds on Soldiers Field, pretty Canal Gardens and Tropical World which is a particularly popular attraction with children. Public transport services are available which provide access to the city centre and surrounding areas and the outer Ring Road is also close by, providing access to the business centres of Harrogate, York and Bradford and the A1-M1 link road for those commuting further afield.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71249459.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MOO180009. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Manning Stainton, Oakwood. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.