8 bedroom detached house for saleAmberley, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5
- Fully refurbished throughout
- Outstanding views looking out over Woodchester valley
- Mature parkland trees and beautiful gardens
- Pool House with kitchen and shower room looking out over infinity pool
- Tennis Court, stables, ménage and horse walker
Beautifully redesigned manor house with fantastic elevated valley views.
Amberley Court is a beautiful manor house located in a secluded position on the top of a Cotswold escarpment. The central part of the property dates from the 1640, date stone in the fifth bedroom, with additional wings being added in the mid 1800's. It is said that 'Beechwood' in the novel 'John Halifax, Gentleman' is based on Amberley Court. Over the last three years, the current owners have undergone extensive refurbishments to the property. Amberley Court has been sympathetically brought into the 21st century. You enter into a large and light entrance hall. A reclaimed Cotswolds limestone fireplace has been added which creates a welcome ambience adding to the period charm. The reception and inner hall also now benefit from under floor heating. Leading off the reception hall is a timeless Clive Christian kitchen with a recently opened up breakfast and reception area. Further to this is the secondary kitchen providing the modern needs of an American style fridge, electric oven, combi microwave oven and coffee machine.
Square Footage: 13,000 sq ft
Acreage: 22 Acres
From London take the M4 West. At Junction 15 take the A419 towards Gloucester. After approximately 15 miles take the exit toward Cirencester industrial area. Follow the Cirencester bypass before taking the A419 towards Stroud. After approximately 7 miles, you will reach a roundabout. Take the first exit toward Minchinhampton and continue on to the Common. At Tom Long's post in the middle of the common, turn left and immediately right, signposted Amberley. Follow the road into the village and take the left turning immediately below the Amberley Inn. Take the first right down Threescombe Hill and the entrance gate can be found to Amberley Court after the sharp left hand bend.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71496110.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAC140252. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.