5 bedroom house for saleLuxulyan, Cornwall
- Beautifully Presented Five Bedroom Family Residence
- Located in Gated and Private and Quiet Setting
- Large Gardens Extending to Approximately 2/3 Acre
- Spacious and Flexible Accommodation
- Potential For Use As Separate Family Annexe, Currently Run as B&B
- Scope for Further Development of Triple Garage with Two Bedroom Annexe
- Viewing Highly Recommended to Appreciate Size and Peaceful Location
WITHIN THE MUCH SOUGHT AFTER VILLAGE OF LUXULYAN, AN IMPRESSIVE AND VERSATILE DETACHED FIVE BEDROOM FAMILY RESIDENCE SET WITHIN IT'S OWN GROUNDS. NESTLED WITHIN LARGE PRIVATE GARDENS EXTENDING TO APPROXIMATELY 2/3 OF AN ACRE AND IMPECCABLY PRESENTED THROUGHOUT, VIEWING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO APPRECIATE THIS TRANQUIL, CONVENIENT SETTING AND HIGH QUALITY FINISH THROUGHOUT.
Distances - Newquay Airport - 15 miles
Truro - 20 miles
Plymouth - 35 miles
Fowey - 8 miles
Exeter - 70 miles
A30 - 8 minutes or 3 1/2 miles
Accommodation As Follows: - * Entrance Hall with Cloakroom/WC
* Beautiful Living Room with Double Doors to Garden
* Spacious Dining Room
* Further Reception Room currently used as Study/Craft Room
* Kitchen/Utility Room (Currently used specifically for B&B Business)
* Impressive Open Plan Kitchen and Living Space with Vaulted Ceiling and Double Doors to Garden
* Master Bedrooms with En-Suite
* Rear Hall
* Five Beautifully presented Bedrooms, all with EnSuite facilities
The Location - The popular village of Luxulyan offers a range of local amenities including a post office, public house, primary school and church. There are open moorland and woodland walks within the Luxulyan Valley with its impressive Treffry Viaduct, which is within walking distance of the property. Only two miles from the Eden Project, Luxulyan Valley is approximately 140 acres in size and in recognition of its historic mining, gained World Heritage Status in 2006. There are many interesting walks and historic features, hence popular with walkers and historians. Within walking distance is the railway station, which can take you to either the South coast of Par or the North coast of Newquay. The town of St Austell is situated approximately 5 miles away and offers a wider range of shopping, educational and recreational facilities.
There is a mainline railway station and leisure centre together with primary and secondary schools and supermarkets. The picturesque coastal port of Charlestown and the award winning Eden Project are easily accessible and within a short drive. The town of Fowey is approximately 8 miles away and is well known for its restaurants and coastal walks. The Cathedral City of Truro is approximately 20 miles from the property.
The Property - Set behind a stone pillared entrance way in the heart of the village, The Old Vicarage is set behind a gated access and an impressive sweeping driveway leads around a central rockery to the ample parking area to the front and side of the property.
The impressive gardens are formal in style, laid mostly to lawn with mature borders and hedging surrounding the property, affording an excellent degree of privacy. The house is set in the centre of the grounds and surrounded by the lovely gardens, which benefit from sun in various locations throughout the day. A large timber workshop located to the side of the drive offers scope as workspace/storage space.
The house has undergone complete transformation by the present owners, who have created an impressive residence which they currently run as a successful B&B business. However, the flexible layout and spacious accommodation could equally be used as a family home with granny annexe for multi-generational living or separate accommodation. There is further potential for development in the form of a triple garage with 2 bedroom annexe above, and the owners have had plans drawn up which are available to view.
With great attention to detail, the accommodation flows well throughout the house and presented in beautiful condition. The attractive, formal sitting room has double doors opening to the pretty gardens and there is a multi-fuel stove for those chillier evenings. The formal dining room has space for an imposing dining table and the craft room could easily be transformed to a playroom or snug. There is a well-appointed kitchen, currently used specifically for the B&B business, however the owners have created a further, fabulous kitchen/living room, perfect for entertaining, with exposed beams, vaulted ceiling and striking slate floor. Doors open to a lovely patio to the rear and overlook the pretty gardens.
All Bedrooms are individual in style and offer stylish en suite facilities. Each room overlooks the private gardens.
Agents Note - There is an overage clause on the property, however a number of development opportunities have been exempt from this clause - please ask for further information.
Epc Rating D -
Viewing - Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents: May Whetter & Grose, Estuary House, Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AH.
Services - None of the services, systems or appliances at the property have been tested by the Agents.
Local Authority - Cornwall Council, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 5DR
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71655259.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 28760672. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by May Whetter & Grose, Fowey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.