5 bedroom detached house for saleBradford Road, Sherborne, Dorset
Offers in Excess of
- Principal Bedroom and Guest Suites
- Three Other Bedrooms and Third Bathroom
- 27'3 x 18'10ft Sitting Room
- Kitchen/Dining Room
- Family Room and Study/Bedroom Six
- Artist's Studio/Annexe
- Spectacular Hall With Glass Galleried Landing
- Utility Room and Cloakroom
- Integral Double Garage
- Games Room and Domestic Outbuildings
Over the course of 2009/10, Field House underwent a root and branch transformation in the hands of its present owner and a Bath based architect. The original house was totally remodelled and extended; the result is a large residence of striking appearance with a contemporary feel, very much in tune with 21st century style and expectation. The interior is characterised by big and spectacular spaces, and a profusion of natural light, together with angles and surfaces designed to give form and reflect light. Engineered oak flooring has been used extensively throughout, together with features such as runway lighting and ambient lighting in the main bedroom and bathroom.
The open plan kitchen/dining/living room forms the heart of the house, with bi-fold doors opening on to a hardwood decked area and outside entertaining area, and overlooked by a glass protected galleried landing and roof lights, bringing sunlight in from as many angles as possible. The very spacious sitting room is focused on a handsome carved stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. Double doors connect from here to the family room. The study, which sits next to the cloakroom, could be used as a ground floor bedroom if needed.
On the first floor, the two main suites for owner and guests alike, take advantage of an easterly aspect to catch the morning sun. There are three other bedrooms on this floor, supported by a large family bathroom, which can also be used ensuite with the purpose built first floor artist's studio, in the form of a self-contained annexe if desired. The studio has access direct to its own sun balcony with staircase down to a side access.
There is a state of the art central heating system, much of it underfloor and zoned, principally gas-fired and supported by solar thermal panels.
A gravelled driveway and parking area leads to an integral double garage. The house is set back and slightly elevated from the Bradford Road, and behind a good screen of mature shrubs and trees. To one side is a detached games room, readily adaptable as a work from home office, as well as a garden shed and aluminium greenhouse. The rear garden was landscaped in 2010, and is now nicely mature. It catches the afternoon and evening sun, and is focused on an extensive decked barbeque and entertaining area, together with split-level pond and curtain waterfall, all overlooking the main sweep of lawn which is studded with trees and shrubs.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SHE140039. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Sherborne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.