2 bedroom apartment for saleChandos House, 27-28 Westgate Buildings, Bath, Somerset, BA1
- Seven elegant city centre apartments
- Benefits from a lift, gated access and well-maintained communal gardens
- Long-lease apartment
- Upon request, access to St John's Independent Living Service which delivers a 24-hour care and support service
- Personal care packages can be agreed
- Over 55's only
A spacious ground floor apartment with two en suite double bedrooms and a generous sized living room with high ceilings and period features. The property benefits from its own private front door. (Approximately 1,120 sq ft / 104 sq m)
This exciting development represents a complete refurbishment of the historic Chandos House building, creating seven elegant, individual apartments. The property benefits from a lift, gated access with well-maintained gardens in the heart of the city of Bath. Chandos House offers elegant retirement living for over 65’s in the picturesque and vibrant city centre of Bath. A long-lease apartment, with St John’s Foundation in Chandos House, provides an alternative housing purchase option, a wide range of benefits and, most importantly, a great quality of life.
At St John’s Foundation, we understand that an individual’s circumstance may change over time. A long-lease apartment in Chandos House brings together independent living with the option to engage in our high-quality care support for your future needs, delivered through the St John’s Independent Living Service.
Chandos House is superbly situated in the very centre of Bath, amongst the many restaurants, theatres and museums the city has to offer. Chandos House is located next to the Thermae Bath Spa and the 5* Gainsborough Hotel with its excellent restaurant and leisure facilities. Also, within short walking distance are The Theatre Royal, The Ustinov and The Egg Theatres.
As an owner at Chandos House, you will have access both to the vibrant and diverse centre of Bath, with its theatres, restaurants, shops and museums, and to the community activities that St John’s Foundation is at the heart of.
LIVING AT CHANDOS HOUSE
A modern development in a historic setting:
At Chandos House, you will enjoy elegant living in a modern apartment within a tastefully renovated Grade II* listed building of historic significance. Chandos House is a gated community, allowing you peace of mind when it comes to security.
When the sun is shining, you will be able to enjoy access to Chandos Garden. This space will be the perfect place to catch up with your neighbours or relax with friends and family. Chandos Gardens will be managed and maintained by St John’s Foundation.
Comfort, security and certainty:
Comfort, security and certainty are what a long-lease apartment at Chandos House offers. We know the value of being able to plan for the future financially which is why external maintenance, the upkeep of communal areas, lift maintenance and the management of the gardens will all be covered by a single, easy-to-understand Service Charge.
Elegant individual apartments:
The refurbishment of the apartments has been carried out to ensure the design matches the lifestyle we know our owners will want to enjoy. Each apartment within Chandos House has been individually renovated to create a modern, elegant and comfortable living space in a unique historic setting. All of our apartments will have the space and facilities to receive family and friends. With secondary glazing, insulation and underfloor heating in the bathroom, each apartment has been designed to keep you warm and comfortable throughout the year. All of the Chandos House apartments have a kitchen designed and built by Neptune (www.neptune.com).
Safe and Secure:
Peace of mind is an essential part of a high-quality lifestyle. In addition to the gated access to Chandos House, you can, upon request, access our Independent Living Service which delivers a 24-hour care and support service.
• Secondary glazing to keep you warm and ensure your bills stay low
• Telephone and television point in living room and bedrooms
• Satellite connection point in living room
• Fitted kitchen with integrated fridge/freezer, oven and induction hob, laid out to make cooking enjoyable and straightforward
• Cooker hood to help keep your apartment fresh
• Belfast sink with hardwearing, easy to clean surface
• 3 in 1 taps which turn on and off easily
• Under pelmet lighting to direct light where you need it
• Washing machines fitted for your use and convenience
• Fitted shower with level access
• Slip resistant flooring, providing safety in your bathroom
• Fitted mirror for a sleek, coordinated look
• Electric shaver socket fitted for your convenience
• Heated towel rail to keep your towels dry and warm
• Extractor ventilation keeps your bathroom free of steam
Heating and Finishes:
• Natural décor to coordinate with your furnishings
• Original doors in keeping with the building’s heritage
• Stylish chrome door furniture
Safety and Security:
• Door entry system
• Smoke detector and fire alarm
• Fire suppression system
The St John’s team will be delighted to show you Chandos House and provide more information about the accommodation and facilities on offer. To register your interest or to find out more about buying a long-lease apartment at Chandos House, call Carter Jonas on 01225 747250.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72288515.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BTH180100. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Carter Jonas, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.