5 bedroom detached house for saleThe Manor House, 39 High Street, Swinderby, Lincoln, LN6
Offers in Excess of
- Period features such as fireplaces and exposed beams
- Flexible self-contained annexe with separate access if required
- Dining room and sitting room with wood-burning stove
- Charming kitchen breakfast room with walk-in pantry and AGA
- South-facing garden
- Garage & off street parking for several vehicles
A wonderful Grade II listed 17th century Manor House mixing traditional period architecture with modern fixtures and fittings.
The village of Swinderby is situated between Newark (8 miles) and Lincoln (11 miles). The village has a thriving primary school, pub, parish church and church hall.
In the nearby village of Collingham is a primary school, medical centre, dentist, pharmacy, post office and a range of shops are available in the adjacent village of Collingham, 3 miles away. Newark offers A1 access and a direct rail link from Newark Northgate station to London (Kings Cross from 80 minutes).
The Manor House is a handsome Grade II listed house which enjoys a self-contained annexe in this sought after village. The property retains many original features and enjoys a south facing garden.
In more detail the accommodation comprises entrance hall with flagstone floor, staircase and WC, dining room with exposed beams and fireplace, sitting room with exposed beams and fireplace with log burner, kitchen breakfast room with flagstone floor, Aga with exposed brickwork surround, island with integrated appliances, pantry and door to garden.
The first floor has a master bedroom with en suite shower room (with door through to the annexe) family bathroom and guest bedroom. The top floor enjoys two good attic bedrooms and a shower room.
At the western end of The Manor House is a versatile self-contained one bedroom annexe which can be separated from the main house or integrated depending on requirements. It incorporates an open plan kitchen living room with integral door to garage and stairs to a bedroom and luxuriously appointed bathroom.
Outside the property is approached via a hand gate and pathway along the front of the house and the edge of the south facing garden which is mostly laid to lawn with mature bedded border, well and kitchen garden. There is off street parking and a single garage to the rear of the property.
Photographs taken April 2018
Square Footage: 2,930 sq ft
From the A46 follow signs to and then through the village of Swinderby. The Manor House can be found on the right hand side before the Chapel.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72563966.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LIT180029. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Lincoln. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.