7 bedroom detached house for saleMiddle Hill, Englefield Green, Egham, Surrey, TW20
- Situated in the heart of this sought after village
- Stunning 32 ft kitchen/ breakfast room with bespoke "Roundhouse" kitchen
- Meticulously maintained southerly aspect garden
- Comprehensively renovated to an extremely high standard throughout
- Magnificent drawing room with generous proportions and garden views
Bulkeley House is an exceptional Grade II listed residence which offers impressive accommodation, set within private gardens and grounds.
Bulkeley House occupies an exclusive position in one of the most sought after and superbly accessible locations outside London. The property benefits from exceptional access to London and all main forms of communication. Although the commuter links are superb, the area around the property still maintains a semi-rural feel.
• Schools - Excellent schools include Eton College, Wellington College, St. Georges School for girls, St Marys School for girls, Papplewick School, Bishopsgate School, St. John’s Beaumont School, Lambrook School. For international schooling, TASIS (The American School) and ACS (American Community School).
• Restaurants - The Barley Mow and The Fox & Hounds in Englefield Green. The Oxford Blue in Old Windsor. The Waterside Inn and Fat Duck in Bray. Nearby there is the Wentworth Club, Pennyhill Park and Cowarth Park
• Racing - At Ascot, Windsor, Epsom and Sandown Park.
• Polo - At Guards Polo Club, The Royal County of
Berkshire Country Polo Club and Cowarth Park.
• Golf - At Wentworth, Sunningdale, Swinley Forest
and The Berkshire.
• Leisure - Walking, riding and other country pursuits with attractions such as Virginia Water Lake, The Savill Garden and Windsor Great Park.
• Travel - Heathrow International Airport is within easy reach.
Egham train station provides a regular service to London Waterloo (Aprox.40-45 minutes). The M25 is close by giving easy access to London and the national motorway network.
Fixtures and fittings All items of fixtures and fittings, including carpets, curtains/blinds, light fittings and kitchen equipment are specifically excluded unless mentioned.
Situated within the heart of this sought after village and a stone’s throw from the picturesque green, Bulkeley House is a wonderful country house of great historic interest believed to have been built by Admiral Bulkeley in 1750.
The property has been comprehensively and meticulously renovated to an extremely high standard by the current vendor creating a unique character home. This country house sympathetically combines both old and new. Original features noted throughout include twelve pane sash windows, high ceilings, decorative cornicing and original fireplaces in a number of rooms.
Bulkeley House is entered through an ornate cast iron portico which opens into the grand reception hall with flagstone floor and elegant staircase rising to the first floor.
Thoughtfully designed living space perfect for both formal and informal entertaining leads off the central hallway, with many of the reception rooms enjoying a southerly aspect.
The magnificent drawing room offers generous proportions with bespoke cabinetry, feature fireplace and two sets of French doors opening onto the stunning sun terrace. The connecting and well-appointed billiard room with integrated music system, which is featured throughout many of the principal rooms, makes for an excellent space to entertain.
In addition the double aspect study offers a refined space to work whilst enjoying views over the grounds to the front. Further along the central hallway the dining room and snug offer more intimate rooms whilst the well-equipped cinema room provides an impressive space to relax and unwind.
The superb kitchen/ breakfast room commissioned by luxury kitchen designers “Roundhouse” has a lovely warm ambiance. Benefitting from an excellent range of bespoke units, gas fired Aga, central island with additional storage and preparation area, topped with marble work surfaces. A unique feature of this room is the striking beamed ceiling which is complimented by the flag stone flooring, which benefits from under floor heating.
The annexe/staff accommodation has independent access and offers one bedroom with sitting room, kitchen and shower room
The main staircase rises to the landing which features a decorative domed skylight. A secondary staircase situated further down the landing leads down to the hallway off the kitchen.
The first floor comprises of six charming bedrooms including a 23 ft master bedroom with wonderful double aspect overlooking the grounds. The suite has a fully fitted dressing room which leads to a luxurious en suite bathroom. In addition there are two further bedroom suites and four further bedrooms, all individually designed with high quality fittings.
Plant room incorporating modern heating and electric systems.
The separate gym and large steam room is housed in an attractive building to the side of the main house with full height windows and French doors opening onto a paved terrace.
Bulkeley House is set in a private location on Middle Hill close to the village green and cricket ground. It is set back from the road behind a high wall and approached via electronically operated double gates. The shingle driveway flanked by formal lawns leads to the triple garage block and parking area to the front of the property.
The southerly aspect and meticulously maintained rear gardens are a particular feature of the property and create an idyllic setting. A variety of well stocked beds, trees and mature shrubs provide year round seclusion and privacy. A sun terrace across the rear of the property provides superb al fresco dining and may be reached from the principal ground floor rooms.
Square Footage: 8,989 sq ft
Acreage: 1.6 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72939410.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WDS170309. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Windsor. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.