4 bedroom detached house for saleMorston Road, Blakeney, Holt, Norfolk
Whitesails is a contemporary and beautifully designed 4 bedroom coastal home built by the highly respected builder and developer, Stuart Farrow. The property is immaculately finished to a high specification with double garage, private south facing garden backing onto open fields and enviable views over the saltmarsh to Blakeney Point. Located on the edge of the highly sought-after village of Blakeney, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Projected holiday rental investment figures available on request
- Entrance hall
- Cloak room
- South facing sitting room
- 2 double bedrooms both with en suite shower rooms
- Study/bedroom 4
- Utility room
- Kitchen with atrium window overlooking the coast
- Large family dining/sitting room
- Master bedroom suite with Juliette balcony and lovely views over garden
- Balcony with spectacular views of the coast
- South facing balcony overlooking the garden and fields
Construction and Fittings
- Traditional brick and flint with weathered clay pantile roof
- Mitsubishi air source heat pump
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Hardwood sealed unit windows with nickel fittings
- Four panel solid doors
- Jim Lawrence light fittings, touch and remote-controlled lighting
- Moulded architrave and skirting
- DRU Gas fire
- Bespoke Plain Norfolk handmade wooden joinery
- Zement Quartz worktops and splash backs
- American walnut Island worktop
- Villeroy and Boch sink
- Miele integrated appliances
- Heritage bathroom suites
- Knightsmill limestone flooring
- Electric towel rails
- Novellini dream plus massage bath
- Polished Calacatta Viola marble and Lava stone hand basins
- Tiling Winchester, Mosaic limestone, Canal Grande
- Cedar clad double garage with electric doors
- Former garage/workshop with potential for garden room/further accommodation
- Beautifully landscaped south facing garden
- Large gravelled parking area for several cars
DRIVING DISTANCES (approx.)
- Holt 5 miles
- Morston 2 miles
- Norwich 25 miles
- Kings Lynn 36 miles
Whitesails is situated on the edge of the highly-sought after coastal village of Blakeney. The village has winding streets of brick and flint properties and offers a wide variety of shops, pubs and restaurants, tennis courts and playing field, doctors surgery, a fine parish church and a primary school.
This is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with access to the saltmarshes and Blakeney Point and many ways of whiling away leisure hours including sailing, bird and seal watching, crabbing from the quay, cycling, golf, tennis, coastal walking and fine beaches. The Georgian market town of Holt is about 5 miles to the south and has an extensive and eclectic range of shops, galleries, restaurants and pubs, also being home to Greshams Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior schools.
Mainline train links to London can be found at both Kings Lynn and in Norwich which also has an International Airport.
On entering through the oak front door into the reception hall the eye is drawn right through the house to the spacious ground floor sitting room which opens with bifold doors onto the terrace. Limestone flooring runs through both hall and sitting room and with limestone terracing outside creats a seamless effect when the bifold doors are open, making this a wonderful welcoming space, ideal of entertaining on a summers day.
On the ground floor there are 3 bedrooms, two large double rooms both with Heritage en suite shower rooms and a smaller double which could also work well as a study, also on this floor a stylish cloakroom/WC with unique lava stone basin and handmade teak washstand, and the family bathroom with Novellini massage bath.
The utility room is fitted with range of painted wall and base units under stone worktops and leads to a walk-in cupboard housing the underfloor heating controls and hot water cylinder. The rear porch has purpose made benching and coat hanging space and back door for easy access, ideal when coming off the beach or with muddy dogs.
The house has been designed to make the very most of the wonderful views, with the main living space, kitchen and master bedroom on the first floor accessed via the oak staircase with feature led low level and handrail lighting.
This open plan sitting, dining space is truly spectacular with vaulted ceiling and gable windows, bifold doors lead to both a back south facing balcony with hardwood external steps to the garden and the front balcony overlooking the coast, both have hardwood decking and glass balustrades. The sitting area features a panoramic gas fire and smoked oak oiled flooring runs through. This is a light filled uplifting space with wonderful views of the garden, or out to the coast.
The kitchen adjoins this space with vaulted ceiling and atrium window with views to Blakeney Point and the harbour. A beautifully conceived room with bespoke Plain Norfolk handmade paint finished kitchen, Zement Quartz and American walnut worktops, limestone flooring, Led mood and task lighting and Villeroy and Boch sink.
Integrated appliances are all Miele and include a Touch Pyrolytic oven, steam oven and microwave, warming drawer, induction hob and extractor. A fully integrated dishwasher, fridge freezer with ice maker and wine chiller.
Cooking in this kitchen would be a pleasure.
The first floor master bedroom overlooks the garden and onto open fields with french doors to a Juliette balcony.
The room has a freestanding bath in the bedroom and an en suite shower room with walk in Matki curved glass shower screen, mosaic limestone wall tiling and beautiful marble worktop and twin marble basins.
The house sits well back from the road with a hardwood five bar gate engraved with the name of the property opening to the gravelled parking area. To the front of the house there is plenty of space for parking several cars and a space for boat storage and a cedar clad double garage with up and over doors. In front of the house a raised flower bed has been cleverly planted for interest and privacy.
Gravelled pathways on both sides of the house lead to the south facing garden with limestone terrace, landscaped boarders and lawn. The workshop/former garage has potential as a garden entertaining space or even as extra accommodation, a great place for the kids to run wild!
North Norfolk District Council Band G
Mains electricity, water and drainage, air source heating.
Follow the A149 coast road into Blakeney and the property can be found at the Morston end of the village as indicated by the For Sale Board.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-72967013.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM170127. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.