5 bedroom cottage for saleWashwell, Box, Corsham
- Period Property On Differing Levels
- Spacious Characterful Accommodation
- Possible Multi-generational Living Space
- New Oil Fired Boiler 2018
- Tiered Sunny Garden
- Single Garage With Parking
- Further Double Garage With Separate Entrance & Ample Parking With PP To Convert to Holiday Let Cottage
- Additional 1.3 Acre Paddock & Stables Available By Separate Negotiation
Interesting Extended 5 Bedroom Detached Cottage Enjoying Wonderful Views With A Good Sized Hillside Plot & Garaging With Outline Planning Consent For Holiday Let Within Easy Reach of Bath
Situation - Box 0.5 mile, Bath 7 miles, Chippenham 8 miles, Bristol 27 miles
Trains: Chippenham to London/Paddington (1hr 14 mins)
International airports: Bristol 28 miles
Location - The Cottage is situated in the hamlet of Washwell – between Box
& Kingsdown, east of Bath, amongst other cottages, overlooking
a delightful wooded valley. The large village of Box is only half a
mile away with Box Parish Church and a range of smaller shops,
post office, surgery, pharmacy & library ; there are main travel
routes with the A4, Bath to Chippenham and the M4 connecting
London and the West Country readily accessible; whilst the
historic heritage city of Bath offers a wide range of shopping &
entertainment/ leisure facilities.
Education - The West Country is excellently catered for with
a range of private schools in the area including King Edwards,
Stonar and Dauntsey’s. State primary schools are at Box, with
further schools in Corsham & Bath nearby. For more details see
www.iscis-sw.co.uk for independents and www.wiltshire.gov.uk
for state schools information.
Local, Sporting & Recreation - There is a local newsagents/
store, butchers & other shops in Box itself with a small Budgens
and fuel garage nearby in Ashley plus a variety of country pubs in
neighbouring villages. There are ample shopping facilities in either
Chippenham or the Roman city of Bath lie within easy reach. Longleat
Safari Park, Iford Manor and Farleigh Castle are all easily accessible.
There are plenty of walking, cycling and riding opportunities from the
property. Racing is at Bath and hunting is with the Avon Vale. Golf is
at Kingsdown, literally a half mile from the property.
The Cottage - The current owners acquired the site in 1976 and have improved
and extended the original stone cottage under a tiled roof, the
oldest part dates back to 1810. Approached via a number of steps
the property faces East at the front with a terraced garden and views
over a small hidden wooded valley.
The property has the potential to split quite easily into two properties
for multigenerational living, whilst retaining much character
including sash windows & fireplaces, the accommodation in brief :-
• 5 upstairs bedrooms with large ensuite to master plus guest ensuite
& separate bathroom
• Spacious Sitting room with open fireplace
• Good sized kitchen with separate dining room
• Boot / utility room with newly installed boiler April 2018
• Drawing Room with spiral staircase to study / potential for
self-contained adjoining annexe
• Attractive terrace & lawned garden area with steps upto raised
patio & deck
Outside Lot 1 - There is ample parking with two driveways, with a single garage
plus separate double garage, which has the benefit of outline
planning consent to convert to holiday cottage accommodation.
In addition to the terraced front garden with pond, lawn & flower
beds there are steps up to a separate wooded area as well as the
adjoining paddock [LOT 2]
The Cottage & Garages are classed as LOT 1 on the Saleplan being
about 0.7 Acre
Equestrian - Adjoining the Cottage, with access via steps form the side/ front
garden or alternatively through the top garden past the double
garage via a five bar gate
LOT 2: A sloping, well draining paddock of about 1.3 Acres with
direct road access via five bar gate leading to a small enclosed
yard with :-
• Two 12’ x 12’ timber loose boxes
• Mains water onsite
In TOTAL The Cottage with Garages & paddock amounts to some
Agent’S Notes - Fox Grant and their clients give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to
2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the
property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as
statements or representations of fact.
3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans
are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive.
It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning , building regulation
or other consents and Fox Grant have not tested any services, equipment or facilities.
Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Any error or mis-statement
shall not annul the sale or entitle either party to compensation in respect thereof.
Epc - Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Band E ~ full report available from
Agent upon request
Local Authority - Wiltshire Council Tel: 0300 456 0100
Council Tax Band ‘F’ : £2,529.53 for 2018/19 Planning
Planning - Outline consent to convert double garage into holiday cottage
Services - Mains water, electricity & drainage. Oil fired central heating
with new boiler installed April 2018.
Rights Of Way - NO public footpath across field
Fixtures & Fittings - Unless mentioned specifically all fixture, fittings and
garden ornaments are excluded from the sale.
Tenure - The property is sold as Freehold and will be sold with vacant
possession on completion.
Viewings - All viewings strictly by
appointment through the agents
on 01722 782727. Please
contact Phil Howard or William
Grant for further details or email
Directions - Postcode: BA13 4EG
From Bath head east on the (A4) towards Chippenham and follow for
about 5 miles; upon reaching Box fork right at the traffic lights onto the
A365, towards Melksham and after about a quarter mile turn before
leaving Box into Henley Lane, which is steep narrow & very windy where
the property will be found on the left hand side, after about quarter of
a mile with The Cottage sign. See location plan for alternative routes.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73022462.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27842898. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox Grant, Salisbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.