Land for saleLand Part Wakeham Farm, Aveton Gifford
- 9.8 acres (4 hectares)
- 9.85 acres of permanent pasture
- Some parts planted with trees
- Stream water supply
- Road access
- Tucked away location
- For Sale by Public Auction on 5 July 2018
DIRECTIONS From the village of Aveton Gifford follow the A379 towards Plymouth and after approximately 900 yards take the first right opposite the second (hairpin) turning for Ashford. Continue up this road for approximately 0.6 miles and the access to the land will be gained through the gateway on the right hand side opposite an agricultural barn.
Alternatively the land can be approached from Heathfield Cross, near Modbury or from the hamlet of Lixton.
SITUATION The land is situated between the village of Aveton Gifford and the town of Modbury, in the South Hams area of South Devon.
Aveton Gifford is about 1 mile to the south, the town of Modbury is 4 miles to the north-west and the town of Kingsbridge is 4 miles away.
The A38 dual carriageway expressway, connecting to the M5 motorway and national road network, is about 8 miles to the north-west.
Grid reference SX 692 495
DESCRIPTION Extending to a total of some 9.85 acres (3.98 hectares), as outlined in red on the site plan, the land comprises a block of permanent grass (with some parts planted with trees), with a combination of gentle, moderate and in places steep east, north and south facing slopes.
Access to the land can be gained through a gateway, off the council maintained road, that runs along the west boundary.
A stream water supply runs along part of the east boundary of the land.
In a tucked away location, the land offers the potential to be used for equestrian or general recreational/amenity uses, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consent.
WATER SUPPLY A stream water supply runs along part of the eastern boundary.
PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY There are no public rights of way across the land.
SPORTING AND MINERAL RIGHTS All sporting and mineral rights are included in the sale, as far as are known.
GUIDE PRICE £65,000
METHOD OF SALE The property is being offered for sale by Public Auction (unless sold prior) on Thursday 5 July 2018 at the Rose and Crown Function Room, Yealmpton, Plymouth, Devon PL8 2EB commencing at 2.30pm, subject to Luscombe Maye's General Conditions of Sale (available upon request from the agents) and the Special Conditions of Sale appertaining to the property (see LEGAL PACK below).
In order to fulfil the Auctioneer's responsibilities under the Money Laundering Regulations, the successful bidder/purchaser will be asked to provide proof of identity at the fall of the hammer. Acceptable documents include: passport, full driving licence or birth certificate and council tax bill. For further guidance and acceptable combination of documents contact the Auctioneers.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE Luscombe Maye for themselves and the Vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute an offer or a contract nor any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are without responsibility on the part of Luscombe Maye or the Vendor.
3. None of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statement or representation of fact.
4. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself/herself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
5. The Vendor does not make or give, and nether Luscombe Maye nor nay person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
6. The successful buyer will be required to pay the Auctioneer am Administration Free of £950 plus VAT 20% (or whatever may be the prevailing rate), per lot, payable at the same time as the deposit for each lot purchased.
7. ANY INTENDING PURCHASER IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO REQUEST FROM THE AUCTIONEERS IN GOOD TIME PRIOR TO THE AUCTION A COPY OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE.
8. A copy of the agents' General Conditions of Sale are available on request from the agents.
LEGAL PACK A legal pack for the land can be obtained from the sellers' solicitors, Beers LLP, 29 Fore Street, Kingsbridge TQ7 1AA. Attention: Richard Jones. Telephone: 01548 857000 E-mail: email@example.com
The property is offered for sale subject to the special conditions of sale all of which will be set out in the legal pack.
VIEWING Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents, Luscombe Maye of 62 Fore Street, Kingsbridge, TQ7 1PP. Telephone 01548 857474 for details.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73280717.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 101034012051. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Luscombe Maye, Kingsbridge - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
*Guide Price: An indication of a seller's minimum expectation at auction and given as a Guide Price or a range of Guide Prices. This is not necessarily the figure a property will sell for and is subject to change prior to the auction.
Reserve Price: Each auction property will be subject to a Reserve Price below which the property cannot be sold at auction. Normally the Reserve Price will be set within the range of Guide Prices or no more than 10% above a single Guide Price.
Auction Fees: The purchase of this property may include associated fees not listed here, as it is to be sold via auction. To find out more about the fees associated with this property please call Luscombe Maye, Kingsbridge - Sales on 01548 857474.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.