3 bedroom barn for saleWarren Farm Barns, Warren Farm Road, High Kelling, Norfolk
A spacious traditional brick and flint barn conversion with many original features, 3 bedrooms en suite, galleried first floor sitting room, south facing garden, double garage and private parking. Located within a small group of barns in a quiet rural location in High Kelling just 2.5 miles from Holt and close to the coast.
- Reception hall
- Kitchen/dining room with larder
- Utility room/WC
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 further double bedrooms en suite
- Family bathroom
- Integral double garage currently used as a games room
- Spectacular galleried sitting room
- Lovely rural location
- South facing garden
- Garden shed
- Private parking
- Double integral garage with up and over doors
DRIVING DISTANCES (approx.)
- Holt 2.5 miles
- North Norfolk Coast at Weybourne 3 miles
- Sheringham 5 miles
- Norwich 25 miles
The Stables is located at the end of a long shared gravel/concrete road and benefits from access to wonderful walks in the 100-acre wood right on your doorstep, perfect for dog walks and with some wonderful views to the sea.
Kelling is a small village located on the outskirts of Holt within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has its own post office and store, All Saints church, village hall, plant nursery and close by – Voewood House, a major Arts & Crafts house.
The Georgian market town of Holt offers a wide and eclectic range of independent shops, boutiques, galleries, cafes and restaurants as well as everyday amenities including post office, library, parish church, primary school, supermarket, veterinary surgeon and medical centre. Holt is also home to Greshams Pre Prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555.
The town holds an acclaimed annual arts festival with events taking place in venues all around the town as well in a magnificent open-air theatre in the nearby woods. Another popular annual event is the transformation of the town centre into a winter wonderland at Christmas where the town is framed by beautiful fairy lights.
A mile from the centre of town is the station for The North Norfolk Railway which offers a 10.5-mile round trip by steam or vintage diesel train through north Norfolk taking in the views of Kelling Heath and Sheringham Park and, to the north, the sea.
The front door leads into the reception hall which is overlooked from the galleried sitting room above and has with open tread oak stairs. From this hallway there are 2 double ground floor bedrooms both with west aspect, feature exposed brick and flint walls, wooden flooring and en suite shower rooms, one has a door leading out to the west facing courtyard. Also, from this hallway, a family bathroom with freestanding claw foot bath, heated towel rail and stylish white bathroom fittings and a separate airing cupboard.
The double garage is accessed from the hallway, this is currently informally used as a games room but has up and over doors to allow vehicular access and loft storage space above. There is potential to convert this to living space subject to necessary planning.
The master bedroom is south facing with a vaulted ceiling, wood flooring, exposed brick and flint feature walls and en suite shower room and benefits from French doors which lead onto the garden.
An inner hallway with storage cupboards leads through to the utility room with a range of fitted base and wall units under granite worktops with Butlers sink, space for a washing machine and tumble dryer (not included in the sale). This room is also a cloakroom with WC.
This property benefits from a wonderful kitchen dining room with vaulted ceiling, exposed beams and wooden flooring, with ample space for a good sized dining table and for some comfortable seating making this a great family living space and it benefits from south and east aspect, and French doors to the garden and parking area allowing easy access with shopping or a more informal entrance to the property.
The kitchen area has handmade fitted shaker style base and wall units with an island unit all under granite worktops, with space for dishwasher and fridge and freezer and a range cooker these are included in the sale, separate walk in pantry with shelving and room for a large fridge, also included.
On the first floor the spectacular sitting room has a vaulted ceiling, exposed beams, oak and glazed galleried banisters and double sided wood burner. This lovely room is filled with natural light from south, west and east facing windows and combined with the good sized kitchen makes this a house perfect for entertaining or family living.
The property has a predominantly walled south and west facing garden with gravelled and paved terracing, mature shrubs and garden shed. There are two areas for parking with space for several cars. The property also owns the courtyard on the west side however the neighbouring properties have rights of access over this, see agent note below.
This property is responsible for a share of the cost of upkeep to the concrete section of the approach road however the vendors have not had any costs since owning the property. The west facing courtyard is owned by the property, the shared septic tank is located here, maintenance of this courtyard is shared between the barns that overlook it. There is no vehicular access to this area and it has not historically been used by any of the barns, for more information please contact us.
North Norfolk District Council – Band E
Mains water and electricity, private drainage to shared septic tank, oil fired central heating.
From Holt take the A148 Cromer Road and High Kelling is the first village you enter, follow into the village and take the first left hand turning into Bridge Road. Warren road is the second road on your right hand side. Follow this gravel and concrete road to the barns and The Stables is the last property on your left hand side.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73416341.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM180071. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.