4 bedroom property for saleFront Street, Bishop Auckland
- Parking to the front of the property
- No chain
- Stunning views
- Extensive garden with access to the stream
- Can be purchased for a family home, holiday home or commercial property
- Potential to develop the top floor in to a master bedroom with bathroom
- Authentic features throughout
- Open plan living space combining kitchen, dining room and living room
- Four spacious bedrooms
- Unique property
Located within the quaint village of Wearhead, this unique property would make a fantastic purchase. Whether you are looking for a family home, a holiday rental or a commercial property (subject to planning), this could be the perfect choice for you. Previously the village post office, this property has retained many of its authentic and original features, and the current owners have maintained the property to the highest of standards. Offering further potential, the top floor could be converted (subject to planning) in to an extensive master bedroom with a bathroom, as there is already a fixed staircase in place.
With all the benefits of a peaceful village life, but still within easy access of major commuting routes, local amenities, main transport links, and you can even have your weekly food shop delivered should you not wish to venture out! The property offers stunning views, and the many windows within the property allow plenty of natural light to flow through, making the property feel extremely spacious and warm. Unlike many similar properties, 'The Old Post Office' benefits from its own private garden. This extensive space is home to a tree house, vegetable patch grass, and also there is access to the river. Should you wish to bring a horse or small animals on to the land there is a private road in order to gain access.
The ground floor space is impressive, and it is extremely heart warming that the layout of the original post office is still in place. The open plan ground floor combines the kitchen, dining room and living room in one. The entrance vestibule is a fantastic original feature, and means you aren't entering the house immediately into your living space. The ground floor also benefits from a separate utility area with a wc. To the first floor there are four bedrooms, bedroom one being the most impressive, with extensive space, there is also a family bathroom. On the landing there is also a fixed staircase leading up to the loft space, which gives buyers the foundations to develop the top floor to suit their needs.
Early viewing is recommended to appreciate the location, space and potential.
Open plan living space combining Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room (10.4m x 7.6m)
Utility (3.3m x 2.6m)
Stairs to first floor
Bedroom 1 (4.9m x 4.8m)
Bedroom 2 (4.7m x 3.1m)
Bedroom 3 (3.4m x 3.1m)
Bedroom 4 (3.8m x 3.1m)
Stairs to top floor
Externally- The property has parking available to the front aspect. To the rear of the property there is an extensive, private garden with a tree house, and access to the stream.
EPC band: D
www.yopa.co.uk BOOK YOUR VIEWING ONLINE 24/7
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 67325. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by YOPA, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.