4 bedroom detached house for saleThe Cottage, Reading, RG7
- Lovely quite location, countryside views, south facing.
- 1.75 acre site - including a 1.5 acre paddock.
- Quick rail transport links into London
- Rural but not isolated with two close villages
- Permission for 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom lovely countryside home, with 4 bay garage.
- Fabulous self build opportunity
Self build opportunity in a lovely rural location to build a beautiful countryside house with four bedrooms, a separate outside office, a four bay detached garage with a 0.25 acre garden and a 1.5 acre paddock. Totalling residential area of 259 sqm / 2,788 sqft (excluding 4 bay garage).
- Downstairs: Living room with fireplace, large kitchen with fire place & pantry, utility room and downstairs toilet.
- Upstairs: Four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Separate outside office: 18 sqm / 194 sqft.
- Detached Garage: Two enclosed bays and attached covered area to park two additional cars.
- Approximately: 0.25 acres of garden, 1.5 acres of paddock land.
Local information and location:
Although rural, White House Green is not isolated, consisting of 8 properties and two nearby villages of Burghfield and Theale. The site is located along a private gravel track and has one close neighbour. The property is south facing and quite. There is a pub within walking distance, along footpaths.
Easy access to the M4 at Junction 12 (5 minute drive away).
Easy access to Theale railway station (which is less than 5 minutes via car) direct trains go to London Paddington via Reading (45 minutes to London Paddington from Theale).
Reading Crossrail allowing direct access to the City, Canary Wharf, the West End and Heathrow from 2019.
Two near buy villages Burghfield and Theale. The area of Burghfield comprises Burghfield Common and Burghfield Village and is located within West Berkshire. There is a range of schooling from playgroups to secondary education (The Willink School) and a range of facilities including village stores, green grocers, pet shop, bakery, chemist, health centre, vet, churches, post office, village hall, garages, recreation grounds and leisure centre with swimming pool and gym. Theale has a range of local shops and there is easy access to some main supermarkets. The area also boasts a variety of woodland walks, bridle paths and there are numerous country pubs within a few miles drive. There is good commutable access to the nearby towns of Reading, Newbury and Basingstoke and motorway networks M4 and M3.
Full Planning consent can be viewed online at West Berkshire Council's website. Search for planning application Ref. No 14/00447/FUL (current as work on garage foundations started).
Existing house on the plot: There is an existing house on the site, which is a small two bedroom timber framed property, with brick panel infill. The house is old and has character. Upstairs: Two bedrooms (one single) with a bathroom. Downstairs a living room and a kitchen. It offers interesting potential for someone who wants to combine character old with new, rather than rebuild. Planning permission is no replace the old house with a new replacement dwelling.
To fully appreciate this property please arrange a viewing appointment which you can do 24/7.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ne4-mx3a. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.