3 bedroom detached house for saleBalevullin, PA77
- Only traditional stone built, 1.5 story croft house in Balevullin!
- Fully renovated in 1994
- Plenty of character & charm
- Potential for a second dwelling
- Spacious garden studio
- Stunning views
- Beautiful wildlife
- 7 Miles from the ferry port and the main township of Scaranish
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a home that is being offered for sale for the first time in 50 years
The house is situated in a stunning location on the North West of the Hebridean island of Tiree, in the small township of Balevullin, 200m from the beach.
Frangosdal is the only traditional stone built, one and a half story croft house in Balevullin, built around one hundred years ago. It has been renovated, retaining its character and charm.
Ground floor accommodation comprises of a hallway, kitchen, sitting room and bathroom.
Upstairs there are three bedrooms all with wooden floors and a landing with large storage cupboard.
The loft is floored and suitable for storage.
There is double glazing throughout, night storage heating and a highly efficient multi fuel stove with back boiler.
The attached byre provides potential for a second dwelling or the creation of an exceptional extension to the property, with views from the gable end, down to the shore and out towards the Outer Hebrides
The garden studio aprox 3.2m x 3.2m is spacious, with excellent light, suitable for a variety of uses.
The Garden plot is, aprox. one third of an acre .
- Hall 2.2m x 3.1m
- Kitchen 4.2m x 3.1m
- Sitting room 4.2m x 3.1m
- Bathroom 2.9m x 1.9m
- Bedroom 1 (twin) 4.2m x 3.2m
- Bedroom 2 ( double) 4.2m x 2.6m
- Bedroom 3 (single) 3.3m x 1.9m
About the Island:
Tiree is the most westerly island of the Inner Hebrides approx. 12 by 3 miles. Vibrant community with resident population around 750, however this swells considerably during holiday season. The island is fringed by the most stunning white shell sand beaches and has one of the highest sunshine records in the U.K.
Balevullin is 7 miles from the ferry port and the main township of Scarinish. The island supports two well stocked grocery shops, bank, garage, business centre, hardware shop, two hotels, post offices, cafes and various quality arts and crafts shops. There is an excellent medical practice and veterinary surgery. The school has both primary and secondary education.
During the year there are several events including the world famous Tiree wave classic, music festival and a vibrant week long feis (gaelic festival of traditional music and song) .
Due to traditional crofting practice the wildlife is outstanding, numerous seabirds, seals, otters, flora in abundance. Miles of wilderness in which to wander.
The island is served twice a day (once on Sunday) by plane service from Glasgow. There is a daily ferry service from Oban in the summer (5 days in winter) and twice a week flights from Oban airport.
Services Mains electricity and water. Private septic tank. Council tax band A.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SMH6025. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by sellmyhome.co.uk, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.