4 bedroom detached house for saleHigh Street, Blakeney, Norfolk
A very special opportunity to acquire this charming 4 bedroom period cottage in need of modernisation located within the centre of Blakeney with a short walk the quay, a generous and very private rose filled walled garden and off street parking.
- Entrance Lobby
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Snug/bedroom 4
- 3 double bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Beautifully mature walled garden
with rose arbour
- Brick outhouse
- Garden shed
DRIVING DISTANCES (approx.)
- Holt 5 miles
- Morston 2 miles
- Norwich 25 miles
North End Cottage is situated in the heart of the highly-sought after coastal village of Blakeney with a short walk down the High Street to the quay. The village conservation area has winding streets of charming traditional brick and Norfolk flint properties and offers a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants, tennis courts and playing field, doctor's surgery, a fine parish church and a primary school. The well-known Wiveton Hall Café and pick your own fruit farm is within walking distance of the village.
This is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with access to the saltmarshes and Blakeney Point and many ways of whiling away leisure hours including sailing, bird and seal watching, crabbing from the quay, cycling, golf, tennis, coastal walking and fine beaches.
The Georgian market town of Holt is about 5 miles to the south and has an extensive and eclectic range of shops, galleries, restaurants and pubs, also being home to Greshams Pre-Prep, Prep and Senior schools.
Hidden behind double wooden gates and a high brick and flint wall, North End Cottage has been a much loved family home for many years.
The front door leads into a small hallway with the dining room on your right and the L shaped sitting room on your left, this room is double aspect overlooking the garden and a more recent addition creates as small
study/reading area with light from a large west facing window. There is an open fireplace and a useful under stairs storage cupboard.
The dining room has double aspect with south light and a large window overlooking the garden. Bookshelves and a cupboard sit on either side of the fireplace which has blue ornate tiles and a wooden mantel piece.
There is a small kitchen fitted with range of pine base and wall units with space for an electric cooker, an extractor fan, dishwasher and undercounter fridge.
Beyond the kitchen and accessible from the back door is a small hallway for coat and boot storage a downstairs pine panelled bathroom with west facing window and a further room which is currently used as a bedroom but would work equally well as a further reception room.
The stairwell is panelled beneath the handrail and leads to the landing with a window stealing lovely views over neighbouring gardens and the church. The front bedroom has wooden flooring, east and south aspect and an original fireplace, there are two further bedrooms, a small double overlooking the garden with painted floorboards and a larger double with south and west windows, striped pine flooring and painted panelled walls.
A family bathroom is also pine clad with coloured bathroom suite, loft hatch and airing cupboard.
This house has the most beautiful walled cottage garden, larger than you would expect to find in the centre of the village giving complete privacy. Double wooden gates lead onto a small gravelled area immediately in front of the house allowing access for one or two cars or a small boat to park off the road if required.
There are many hidden spots to escape to find peace, with mature flowering shrubs, laurel hedging and trees, hollyhocks and honeysuckle, intermixed with an abundance of climbing roses both on the walls and on a pathway covered by an iron rose arbour. An original outhouse with water supply and a further small wooden shed provide space for garden storage.
To the rear of the property is a small south facing terrace which can be seen from the study area of the sitting room and would be lovely filled with flowering tubs in the summer.
This is a delightful cottage that was added to in the 60's/70's and offers lots of potential.
North Norfolk District Council Band E
Mains electricity, water and drainage, some electric radiators.
From the quay in Blakeney follow the high street up leaving The White Horse on your right, continue until you pass the Harbour Rooms on your left and the property can be found shortly beyond this on the right hand side sitting end on to the road with double wooden gates and a high flint wall.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-73988714.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM160112. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.