1 bedroom flat for saleAll Saints Avenue, Margate
- Loft-style open plan Apartment, converted from 3 bed
- Penthouse panoramic sea views overlooking beach & harbour
- Ideal holiday home /inspirational living /rental income
- 20-50m to Main Sands, Dreamland & Highspeed Rail to London
- Off-street dedicated parking
- Extended lease - 148 years
- Iconic Brutalist architecture with original features
- 2 separate lifts and staircases to apartment on 18th Floor
- Secure entry system
- No Chain
Combining Sixties' and contemporary style with panoramic direct sea views from every window, this is a spacious, end-of-corridor 18th floor loft-style penthouse in an iconic purpose-built apartment block - “Village in the Sky”. (See below)
* At 52 m2 / 560 ft2, the apartment overlooks Margate's Main Sands beach, the Sea Bathing Pool, Turner Contemporary gallery, The Stone Pier, The Old Town and Dreamland. The Highspeed rail station is just 50m away on the other side of the building.
* Redesigned and furbished by an architectural designer the penthouse has an L-shaped lounge/diner/bedroom, a wall of floor-to-ceiling hanging /storage cupboards, stylish wet-room, and a separate fitted kitchen including the original Sixties kitchen/diner divider. Electric only. (No gas is supplied to the building.)
* Solid oak parquet flooring, added insulation to external walls, secondary glazing, many original Sixties`; features, new thermostatic space heaters and AA+ kitchen appliances.
* Free residents` off-street parking and free visitor permits available.
* The lease has recently been extended and expires 1 October 2165.
* No ground rent.
Carrara marble at entrance to building with a set of glazed doors set to the foot of the building and secure entry system, providing access to the communal areas, the concierge`s office and the 2 lifts inc marble lift surround & teak stair rails
With oak parquet flooring and a storage cupboard containing instant water heater.
A new fitted kitchen with a range of base and wall units in a white eggshell finish with yellow Formica tops, and a stainless steel sink with stainless steel splashback. Space for an integral fridge freezer and washing machine. Under sink instant water heater. Built-in induction hob and extractor. Original Sixties` room divider unit. Travertine flooring.
Diner / Lounge / Bedroom:
Panoramic sea views through large secondary glazed windows, electric instant heaters. Solid oak parquet flooring runs through from the hall into the lounge /dining /bedroom area. Two separate TV points and a telephone point.
Fully tiled wetroom with low level WC, wash basin with ceiling height mirror above, electric fan heater, two towel rails.
Lease / Maintenance / Council Tax:
The lease has been extended 148 years and expires 1 October 2165. There is no ground rent. The maintenance/service charge is 750 every six months. [Council Tax Band A approx 1000 pa]
Off-street dedicated parkin, free permit
`Village in the Sky 1964 Sales Brochure
The Arlington development was designed to be very high spec - a jewel on the seafront of Britain's oldest seaside holiday resort.
Designed by Russell Diplock Associates, Arlington House has every one of the 144 apartment flats with a view of the sea.
The original sales brochure boasted the 'Special Features' of the Flats being:
Two Silent High Speed Lifts (serving all floors)
Hot Water by immersion heater
Living Rooms and Bedroom heated by Scandinavian electric convector heaters
Bathroom heated by high Level infra-red heater
Extract ventilation in kitchen
Rediffusion Radio and Television aerial
Aluminium horizontal sliding Windows
Built with white concrete cladding that had shiny flecks of mica, Arlington House was a sparkling example of the modern architectural style known `Brutalism`. (Beton-brut is a French term that means "raw concrete").
The original scheme included a theatre, terraced restaurant and rooftop swimming pool with a glass floor`
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PURCHASERS:
We have done our best to make these details accurate and reliable. However, they do not constitute or form part of an offer or any contract and none is to be relied upon as statements of representation or fact. All measurements have been taken as a guide to prospective buyers only, and are not precise. If you require clarification or further information on any points, please contact us, especially if you are traveling some distance to view. Fixtures and fittings other than those mentioned are to be agreed with the seller.
Property reference: IATA9880
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74295113.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 9880. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by I Am The Agent, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.