6 bedroom detached house for saleKimbolton, Stonely, St. Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19
- Close to Kimbolton School
- Spectacular mixture of Georgian grandeur and modern architecture
- Set in pretty gardens
- Renovated throughout to a high standard
- Superb modern extension designed by Nicolas Tye architects
An elegant Georgian house with modern architect design additions.
• Stonely is believed to have been one of five medieval hamlets situated within the Parish of Kimbolton.
• Stonely is a small but attractive village just outside Kimbolton which has good local facilities including the renowned Kimbolton School.
• There are excellent road and rail services into central London and the City National rail to London Kings Cross from 53 minutes, St Neot's 8.4 miles (13.5 km), A1/M Junction 17 16.8 miles (27.03 km), Cambridge 25 miles (40.23 km).
Kimbrook House is a beautiful Grade II listed Georgian village house set in 3.5 acres of formal gardens and parkland. Dating from the late 17th century, and re-fronted in the late 19th century with handsome rendered brick with rusticated stone quoins and deeply moulded stone cornice and modern glazed sitting room addition to the south east designed by Nicolas Tye architects.
Kimbrook House is an exceptional family home which has been meticulously renovated and sympathetically extended by the current owners. The principal house combines elegant reception rooms, ideal for entertaining and at first floor there is comfortable bedroom accommodation. The second floor has another two bedrooms, both with vaulted ceilings and a large family bathroom with roll top bath and double shower. The single storey family room extension has been carefully placed away from the key historic facades, ensuring minimal disturbance to the historic fabric and setting; allowing the listed structure to remain dominant in scale and presence. The use of glass links allows visual separation while creating a flow between the listed building and extension. Two key materials used were dark copper cladding and minimal framed glass, both materials harmonise whilst emphasising the listed buildings current style. The use of bio-diverse green roofs allows the existing habitat below the footprint of the buildings to be retained, this also softens the buildings into the site when viewed from the upper levels of the 3 storey listed structure.
The property stands in a most idyllic position with far reaching views and electric gated access leading to a gravelled carriage driveway with central lawned area, mature trees and flowering and shrub borders, red brick wall to the front and further access via five bar gate. The formal gardens to the rear have been meticulously maintained and are a stunning feature of this special period home. The gardens feature mature box hedging, well-tended flowering and shrub borders, lawn, trees, including magnificent Wellingtonias believed to be part of an Avenue leading down from Kimbolton Castle, and paved terrace adjoining the sitting room, kitchen and glazed family room affording the opportunity for alfresco dining. The gardens also enjoy all-weather tennis court, “garden pod”, pond, timber summer house and storage shed for garden machinery. The formal gardens are partly walled with red brick Victorian garden house 6’10 x 7’ with a pitched slate roof, windows to three aspects, 6 panelled timber entrance door and open fireplace. There is a newly planted orchard to the north of the garden intersected by a footpath which has been fully fenced and not visible from the rear of the house.
The property comprises about 3.5 acres in total.
There are four garages linked internally to the main house. The garages have a charging point for an electric vehicle.
Square Footage: 4,702 sq ft
Acreage: 3.5 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74374892.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAC180063. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.