8 bedroom detached house for saleKinloch Estate-Lot 1, St. Fergus, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, AB42
- Kinloch House with 3 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms, sun parlour, kitchen and integral annexe with two ensuite bedrooms, kitchen and study.
- Attractive garden with stunning coastal outlook towards the North Sea.
- Beautiful 12 acre loch, home to a wide variety of wildfowl.
- Two bed cottage and traditional bothy.
- A substantial range of modern and traditional farm buildings.
- About 71.95 acres (29.1 ha) in all.
Built between 1810 and 1820, Kinloch was one of the principal farms of the Pitfour Estate, based at Pitfour House, the ‘Blenheim of the North’ about 12 miles west of the house.
Set in 8 acres of garden and policies, the house sleeps 15 and has 8 bedrooms (including the annex), six of them ensuite. There’s an additional large family bath and shower room.
Two bedroom cottage and traditional bothy which the local planning authority have intimated that in principle they are likely to be supportive of a planning applkication to convert. Substantial range of modern and traditional farm buildings.
A 650kW biomass boiler now provides all the heating and hot water requirements of the house and cottage as well as heating workshops and ancillary buildings. A drying floor, heated by the boiler, provides dry woodchips not just for Kinloch but for other local biomass installations as well. Not only does the biomass eliminate expenditure on oil, the government supports the saving on fossil fuels by paying the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) which is an index linked contract with a further 17 years to run.
This beautiful loch lies just a few minutes walk to the west of the house. Quiet and peaceful this haven of tranquility attracts birds of every description especially in winter when a wide variety of wildfowl make the loch their home. Although a wonderful place to just sit quietly and relax or mess about in a boat, on a wild winter morning the loch can also provide the most exciting and challenging wildfowling.
General additional information relating to all four lots is available on request.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74491919.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV180125. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.