2 bedroom apartment for saleSevern Court, Corbett Avenue, Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9
- First floor apartment
- Sunny south facing aspect
- Balcony off spacious lounge /dining room
- Kitchen with space for small table
- Immaculately presented throughout
- Well maintained communal gardens
- Less than 1/4 mile to town centre
- extended lease now 189 years
Spacious First Floor Apartment, close to the town centre with south facing balcony.
With two good sized bedrooms and an extended lease now 149 years.
Droitwich Spa is a historic town within the Wychavon district of northern Worcestershire on the banks of the River Salwarpe. The River Salwarpe takes its name from the Anglo Saxon ‘Sal’ meaning salt and ‘weorp’ meaning to churn up describing the salt brines which the river flows across. The town is situated upon massive salt deposits which have been extracted since ancient times. The natural Droitwich brine contains two and a half pounds of salt per gallon, ten times stronger than sea water and rivalled only by the Dead Sea. Droitwich shopping is mainly focused on the traditional town centre around Victoria Square, leading to the St Andrews Square Shopping Centre and down to the original High Street, with its local pubs and an eclectic mix of traditional shops. A Farmers Market is also held regularly in Victoria Square. The Norbury Theatre hosts regular shows year round including an annual pantomime and also shows films. On the outskirts of the town is the famous Chateau Impney which is now a hotel, restaurant and conference centre. The lido was renovated in 2007 and the lido park is now a pleasant and popular space. Droitwich Leisure Centre at Briar Mill has gym facilities, sports hall, a swimming pool and squash courts. There are also outside football and astro turf pitches with floodlighting. The Centre also runs a squash league and archery society.
Situated on one of the town’s most sought after and established avenues, Severn Court is a small, select development less than a quarter of a mile from the town centre. There are 33 apartments all with security intercoms, set within well-maintained grounds with communal parking. This apartment is set within the furthest left-hand block and boasts immaculately maintained spacious accommodation and offers the extended lease now expiry in March 2168. The communal door opens with a security intercom and the staircase rises to the first floor where apartment 31 can be found on your left hand side. There is a reception hall with storage and cloaks cupboard, opening to a generous 18 foot lounge/dining room with southerly aspect and pleasant balcony area. The kitchen is fitted with a range of matching wall and base units with space for the usual appliances together with an area for a small table and chairs. There are two good sized bedrooms, the master with fitted wardrobes together with a generous shower room with double shower cubicle, built-in vanity unit incorporating storage, wash hand basin and w.c.
Communal gardens surround the property which are extremely well-maintained, with communal parking.
1. Would interested parties please note that the vendor may remove the fire surround in the lounge.
2. The oven is not in working order.
3. There is a ground rent payable, half yearly of £90 and a service charge is payable twice yearly, March and December (2019 the amount payable was £716.99) this includes the cleaning of common areas, window cleaning, communal electricity, repairs and decorations, gardening, insurance and a sinking fund. We have copies of the latest service charges certificate with breakdown available at the agent’s office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74508970.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DRO190101. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Andrew Grant Worcestershire Property Centre, Worcestershire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.