2 bedroom terraced house for saleSwanton Road, Gunthorpe, Melton Constable, Norfolk
A stylish and immaculately finished 2 bedroom traditional brick and flint terraced cottage with beautifully landscaped west facing garden. Located just 5 miles from the coast and close to Holt, in the charming and quiet conservation village of Gunthorpe.
- Dining Hall
- Sitting room
- Shower room
- Master bedroom
- Double guest bedroom
- Generous west facing landscaped garden
DRIVING DISTANCES (approx.)
- Holt 5 miles
- Fakenham 8 miles
- Norwich 29 miles
- Kings Lynn 32 miles
- Blakeney 6 miles
- Wells-next-the-Sea 9 miles
Gunthorpe was mentioned in the Domesday Book and is a quiet village approached on small single track roads culminating on the village green, within a conservation area in the valley of the River Gun. The Grade II Listed Gunthorpe Hall was built by Sir John Soane in 1789, the architect who designed the Bank of England building in Threadneedle Street. Today the village has a fine parish church and active village hall.
The village sits quietly between the A148 and B1354 giving access to Norwich with train and international airport links and King’s Lynn train links to Cambridge and London.
There are plenty of amenities on offer in both the Georgian market town of Holt and Fakenham including schooling for all ages, medical centres, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants, garages and a cinema.
Holt is renowned for its attractive street frontages and for its wide and eclectic range of independent shops, as well as Bakers and Larners – an exceptional privately owned department store. Holt is also home to Gresham’s pre-prep, prep and senior schools, founded in 1555.
The town of Fakenham is transformed by its weekly market and auction with a farmer's market monthly and at least 12 race days a year held at Fakenham Racecourse - one of the finest national hunt racecourses in the country.
The front part glazed stable door leads into a delightful dining/reception hall with east aspect, warm coloured wood effect tiled flooring, study area and under stair storage cupboard.
A further part glazed door leads to a step down into the kitchen with handmade bespoke range of fitted and painted wooden base and wall units, hardwood Iroko worktops, Belfast sink, and integrated appliances including Liebher drawer fridge and Neff ½ size dishwasher, Cooker, extractor fan and hob. This room is beautifully presented with a Moroccan tiled floor with underfloor heating and benefits from a west facing window with lovely garden views.
Beyond the kitchen is a back hallway with underfloor heating with storage cupboard and door to the garden. The very stylish shower room has wood effect tiled flooring with underfloor heating and contemporary fittings including tiled walls, vanity unit, WC, curved Mira shower cubicle and graphite finished heated towel rail.
The sitting room has east aspect, contemporary carpeting, bespoke fitted book shelving and storage cupboards and a wood burner set within the fireplace.
This really is a beautiful cottage which would make a perfect full time home, holiday let or weekend retreat.
The generously sized garden sits on the west side of the property benefiting from south and west aspect and has been landscaped with raised oak sleeper beds filled with flowers and herbs, gravel is divided with sandstone paths and 2 areas of terracing give plenty of space for outside entertaining. There is an original lean too brick and flint garden shed with power, and an oil tank storage enclosure and the garden is enclosed by willow fencing and a brick and flint wall. The property benefits from permissive access through the gardens of the neighbour properties to the north allowing access for maintenance and service delivery.
North Norfolk District Council - Band B
Mains electricity and water, private drainage, oil fired central heating
From Holt take the A148 towards Fakenham and follow through Letheringsett and take the 5th right hand turning just before the Bale Garage on your right. Follow this small winding road past the church on your left, over a small hump back bridge until you reach the village green on your left, the property can be found on the right hand side in a row of cottages.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
7. Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74566148.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BUM180092. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
*Guide Price: An indication of a seller's minimum expectation at auction and given as a Guide Price or a range of Guide Prices. This is not necessarily the figure a property will sell for and is subject to change prior to the auction.
Reserve Price: Each auction property will be subject to a Reserve Price below which the property cannot be sold at auction. Normally the Reserve Price will be set within the range of Guide Prices or no more than 10% above a single Guide Price.
Auction Fees: The purchase of this property may include associated fees not listed here, as it is to be sold via auction. To find out more about the fees associated with this property please call Jackson-Stops, Burnham Market on 01328 801333.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.