7 bedroom detached house for saleTwyssenden, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17
- Historic Country Estate with Grade II* Listed manor house
- Idyllic rural location set in rolling countryside
- 258 acres of pasture and woodland
- Significant sporting opportunities
- Range of listed converted outbuildings
- Useful farm buildings and shoot lodge
- Beautiful formal gardens and lake
- Fast and easy access to London
The Twyssenden Estate
Twyssenden Manor is situated in a wonderful countryside setting within a High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The historic village of Goudhurst lies just over a mile away and provides a good range of shopping which caters for everyday needs.
More extensive shopping and amenities can be found in Cranbrook and Tunbridge Wells.
Education: Twyssenden Manor is situated within the renowned Cranbrook School catchment area (2018). Further excellent education opportunities can be found locally at both primary and secondary levels, in the private and state sectors. These include Saint Ronans, Marlborough House and Dulwich preparatory schools, Goudhurst and Horsmonden primary schools, High Weald Academy, Benenden School for Girls. Further afield there are schools in Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Eastbourne.
Leisure facilities: A good variety of sports and leisure opportunities can be found in Goudhurst, Cranbrook and Tunbridge Wells with the coast lying about 25 miles to the south. Bewl Water Reservoir offers a range of activities including sailing, rowing and walking whilst excellent local walks, cycling and riding can be found in Bedgebury Pinetum and Hemsted Forest.
Mainline rail services: Fast and frequent services to London can be found in Marden, Paddock Wood, Etchingham and Staplehurst. These connect to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Cannon Street and Charing Cross.
Motorway links: The A21 gives links to the M25, the coast, major motorway networks, Heathrow and Gatwick airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
An Historic Country Estate with superb Grade II* Listed house gloriously situated, amidst acres of undulating countryside
Principal Reception Hall, East Hall, Drawing Room, Dining Room, Family Room, Library, Chapel, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room, Boot Room, Flower Room, Cloakroom, Internal and External Cellars
5 Bedrooms, 4 Bath/Shower Rooms (2 En Suite), Various Attic Rooms, Tower Room, Cupola with ‘Standing’ Platform
Twyssenden Barn and Recreation Room
Hall, Sitting Room, Kitchen/Dining Room, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms (1 En Suite), Superb 35ft Vaulted Recreation/Games Room
The Granary, The Stable and Garaging
Domestic and Farm Office (First Floor), Workshop and Garage, Stable with WC, Garaging
Gardens and Grounds
Delightful Gardens with Lakes and Outstanding Views, Orchard
All-Weather Tennis Court
Farmland, Woodland and Outbuildings
Pastureland Divided by Hedges, Interspersed with Ponds and Swathes of Woodland
Detached Shoot Lodge
Machinery Barn, Tractor Barn, Hay Barn, Workshops
In Total About 258 Acres
Square Footage: 8,445 sq ft
Acreage: 258 Acres
From Cranbrook proceed for about 4 miles to the centre of Goudhurst village and turn left by the pond, continue along Bedgebury Road for about 1.9 miles and turn right into Priors Heath, after about 0.1 of a mile the private drive to Twyssenden will be found on the right hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75363596.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CKS180118. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.