4 bedroom detached house for saleBishopsteignton, Teignmouth
- Attractive 1920's built detached property
- Commanding estuary and sea and country views
- Extensive and versatile accommodation of around 4,000 sq ft
- 3 beautiful reception rooms
- Bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and separate utility/boot room
- Study and family room/annexe
- Excellent master bedroom suite with shower room, dressing room and balcony
- 3 further first floor bedrooms, two with balconies
- Further ground floor reception/bedroom 5
- Beautiful grounds extending to around 1.13 acres
High Winnard is a particularly attractive 1920’s-built detached property overlooking the estuary, which is a constantly changing flow. The expansive and well maintained accommodation extends to around 4000 square feet and has some beautiful features, sweeping sun terraces and balconies and outstanding views towards the Teign Estuary, the sea, rolling countryside and local landmarks The Ness and Archbrook. The accommodation is spacious, versatile and well laid out with many notable features to include a beautiful marble fireplace in the reception hall, a Smallbone kitchen with granite work surfaces and Amtico flooring. Excellent reception rooms, all with good views and part of the ground floor is loosely arranged as an annex. The master bedroom suite is a wonderful space with balcony affording excellent views, dressing room and en suite shower room. There are three further first floor bedrooms, two of which also have balconies, along with a study/bedroom five at ground floor level. The grounds are a pleasure to walk and observe, extending to over 1.1 acres with broad sweeps of lawn, a wooded area and many specimen plants and trees. Additionally there is an outside swimming pool with attractive paved surrounds and changing/shower rooms. The grounds adjoin open countryside and beautifully compliment the feel of this marine-style house.
High Winnard occupies an outstanding and elevated position, set within predominantly south-facing grounds above the Church and adjoining countryside, “tucked away” and yet within easy reach of the heart of this ever-popular village. Bishopsteignton is set above and beside the beautiful Teign Estuary, which offers boating opportunities, and good walking within the surrounding local countryside. The village has a strong sense of community and many local amenities to include a Post Office/store, a chemist, a garden centre, a church, a village hall, two public houses, a local real ale brewery and the Cockhaven Manor Hotel. Offering something of a microclimate the village also has a productive Vinyard set on the hills above the village. Additionally there is a well-regarded primary school. The seaside town of Teignmouth is around two-miles away with its promenade, sandy beaches and wide range of shops and amenities to include a Waitrose store, a mainline railway station offering a link to London Paddington, a well-regarded secondary school and various cafes and restaurants. The picturesque village of Shaldon is a similar distance away with the South West Coast Path beyond. Teignmouth golf course is also only a couple of miles away. Good accessibility is enjoyed to the A380, making for a fast commute to the Cathedral City and county town of Exeter with its international airport, the Princesshay shopping centre, fine dining and various private and public schools etc. Additionally there are Grammar Schools and many further attractions within Torbay, which is around 9-miles away.
From Exeter proceed on the A38 towards Plymouth and Torquay, bearing left onto the A380 dual carriage way signposted to Torquay. Continue for around 8 ½ miles before taking the A381 access towards Teignmouth. Follow the road for around two miles, passing the Garden Centre on the right hand side, before taking the turning on the left, immediately before the bus stop into Church Road. The driveway for High Winnard will be found after a short distance on the right hand side.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SOU150435. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Wilkinson Grant & Co, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.