7 bedroom detached house for saleYardley Park Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9
- Imposing late Victorian town house
- Stylishly appointed throughout
- Well located for town, schools and station
- Tonbridge Station - 1 mile
- Tonbridge Town - 0.6 of a mile
- Carriage drive and double garage
- Landscaped gardens
- EPC Rating = C
Imposing and attractive late Victorian town house finished to a high specification with an impressive landscaped garden, located within half a mile from the town
Yardley Dene, 7 Yardley Park Road is in a conveniently situated for local schools and is within 0.5 miles of Tonbridge High Street with its multitude of shops, supermarkets, pubs and restaurants and within 1.1 miles of Tonbridge station.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Tonbridge (0.6 miles), Sevenoaks (6.9 miles), Tunbridge Wells (5.7 miles), and Bluewater Shopping Centre (32 miles).
• Mainline Rail Services: Tonbridge mainline station (1 mile) to London Bridge/Charing Cross/Cannon Street.
• State Primary Schools: Include Woodlands Infant School and Woodlands Junior School.
• State Secondary Schools: Meopham, Longfield Academy, Gravesend Grammar School, Wilmington Grammar for Boys, Wilmington Grammar for Girls, Dartford Grammar for Boys and Dartford Grammar for Girls.
• Private Prep Schools: Steephill Prep in Longfield. Birtley House Prep in West Kingsdown. Gad’s Hill in Higham. King’s Rochester. St Michaels and Russell House Preps in Otford. Several in Sevenoaks.
• Private Secondary Schools: The Tonbridge School (0.5 miles), Kent College (Pembury), The Sevenoaks School and Walthamstow Hall in Sevenoaks.
• Motorway Links: The A21 (linking to Junction 5 of M25) can be accessed at Hildenborough or the M20/M26 can be accessed via Wrotham all three give access to the M25, other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
Yardley Dene, 7 Yardley Park Road is an impressive late Victorian town house which has been refurbished, extended and remodelled by the present owners. The property is finished to an exceptionally high standard with great attention to detail, enhancing the Victorian features together with the modern styling. Features include bespoke kitchen cupboards and fitted bedroom furniture by Grants of Sevenoaks, high ceilings, attractive fireplaces, porcelain tiled flooring, picture rails and coving. Of particular note is the imposing kitchen/sitting/dining room which provides spacious and modern accommodation ideal for modern day living.
The enclosed porch has an attractive front door with coloured glass detailing and a fan light window, and opens in to the reception hall which has stairs rising to the first floor with a window to the front also with coloured glass detailing.
The elegant drawing room provides an ideal area for formal entertaining and is double aspect with a square bay window to the front and an impressive marble fireplace with wood burning stove.
There is a study which is double aspect and has an outlook to the front.
The impressive kitchen/sitting/dining room occupies the rear of the property with full length sliding glass doors to the rear with roof lights allowing light to flood the accommodation. The sitting area has a feature arched recess housing a wood burning stove with windows to the front and rear. The kitchen is fitted with a bespoke range of fitted wall and base cupboards with a matching island unit. The extensive Silestone work surfaces incorporate a 1½ bowl sink with Quooker hot tap and extends over the island unit to provide a breakfast bar. Appliances include an electric Aga, Miele fridge, dishwasher and wine fridge.
Adjoining the kitchen is an excellent utility room with additional storage cupboards, an electric oven, microwave, sink and space for appliances. There is a stable door giving access to outside.
An inner lobby, accessed from the hall, has coats cupboards, access to a stylish cloakroom and access to the cellar which comprises three rooms ideal for storage.
The attractive staircase with turned oak handrail rises to the first floor landing with a further staircase rising to the second floor with an attractive window to the front.
The master suite comprises a spacious double aspect bedroom, a well appointed dressing room with an extensive range of wardrobes and shelved storage, and a stylish en suite bathroom featuring a bath, separate shower and ‘his and hers’ vanity unit with marble top.
There are two further bedrooms on this floor, both with an outlook to the front and served by en suite shower rooms.
The second floor landing has a roof light and a fitted linen cupboard.
There are four double bedrooms on this floor, three with far reaching views, and a well appointed shower room.
Completing this floor is a boiler room housing the Mega Flow tanks and a useful store room.
The house is approached via an electrically operated gated carriage driveway with a bonded gravel drive which provides ample parking for a number of cars. The detached double garage has an electrically operated roller door and a pedestrian door to the side.
The front garden comprises a number of well stocked beds and borders with planting including a maple and fig trees, roses, lavender and rosemary.
The striking rear garden provides a wonderful backdrop to the house with a generous paved terrace providing an ideal area for al fresco entertaining together with a further seating area flanked by a curved white washed wall. There is a generous area of level lawn with a brick edged paved path leading around the garden and to the summerhouse which has power and light connected and would make a useful home office or gym. To the rear is an enclosed area where the garden shed and compost area are located. The garden is well stocked with a variety of flowers, shrubs and trees including hydrangeas, lavender and a mature lime tree. There is access to the front of the property via a pedestrian gate.
Square Footage: 4,685 sq ft
Acreage: 0.34 Acres
From Sevenoaks proceed southwards towards Hildenborough/Tonbridge on the B245. Upon reaching Tonbridge proceed past The Oast House Theatre on the right and turn left into Dry Hill Park Road. Continue to the end and at the roundabout take the second exit onto Yardley Park Road. Yardley Dene, 7 Yardley Park Road will be the fourth property along on the left.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75511343.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SES180242. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Sevenoaks. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.