2 bedroom retirement property for saleDunchurch Hall, Dunchurch, Warwickshire
- Exclusive retirement property for the over 55s.
- Two double bedrooms
- Downstairs shower / cloakroom
- Open-plan sitting/dining room
- Fitted kitchen
- Patio garden
- Garage, with electricity and lighting
- Extensive landscaped grounds, meadows and a fishing lodge
- Close to the village centre
- Resident Estate Managers
This attractive, two double bedroom, end-of-terrace cottage is located on a purpose-built retirement development for the over 55s. Management services are provided by Cognatum Estates, a not-for-profit organisation and one of the UK's leading companies in retirement housing.
Originally built as a hunting lodge for the Duke of Buccleuch in 1840, the hall and stable blocks of Dunchurch Hall have now been converted into apartments and cottages, with other cottages built on either side as wings to the main house. The estate has more than 10 acres of landscaped grounds, including an old cricket pavilion that is used for social and other occasions, and beyond the grounds there is access to a private nature conservation area with a large fishpond.
The estate is just a few minutes’ walk from the centre of Dunchurch, known for its half-timbered houses and thatched roofs, and it offers a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants in addition to services such as a chemist, post office, doctor’s surgery, dentist and library. Rugby is just three miles away for major shopping and a mainline station. Local days out could include a visit to Coombe Country Park with its 500 acres of beautiful gardens and woodland, a look around the aircraft and aero engines on display at Midland Air Museum, or a walk in amongst the 14th-Century ruins at Caludon Castle Park, all of which are less than 12 miles from the estate.
Cognatum Estates maintains, repairs and insures all the buildings, arranges the window cleaning and refuse collection and tends to the gardens and grounds thereby freeing owners and residents from these responsibilities. There is a personal alarm system in each property and resident estate managers are on hand to provide support and help when needed, making this an ideal 'Lock Up & Leave' property.
There is a laundry facility on site and a guest suite provides comfortable accommodation for family and friends. A minibus is available to take residents on regular shopping and other trips and allotments are available for residents' use.
The cost of providing these services is shared equally between all properties. There are no restrictions on owning a property except that one resident must be over 55 years of age.
150 year lease (from 1997). No ground rent.
For viewings please contact the Estate Manager 01788 814247
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75582611.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4323560. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cognatum Property Limited, Wallingford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.