5 bedroom detached house for saleGreat Henny, Suffolk CO10
- A beautiful Grade II listed farmhouse in a peaceful, rural setting
- Stunning far reaching views over the Stour Valley countryside
- Set in about 3.25 acres of established grounds
- Reached off a little used country lane along a long private driveway
- Delightful ancillary 2 bedroom cottage providing holiday let income
- Converted granary cottage/studio/office plus a summer house/gym
- Walking distance of a popular riverside pub
- 2 traditional barns providing excellent storage & a party area
- Wonderful heated swimming pool with changing room
- Hard tennis court
Sheepcote Farm is an exceptional family house with beautiful grounds in a peaceful, rural setting with views over the undulating countryside of the Stour Valley. Believed to date back to 1770 or earlier, the Grade II listed house is of timber frame construction with rendered elevations under peg tiled roofs. Impressive period features throughout include exposed timbers and floorboards, fireplaces and vaulted ceilings all of which are further enhanced by the superb taste and interior design of the current owners. This sense of style extends into the delightful detached cottage which generates a successful holiday let income. There is also a Granary cottage which provides studio accommodation and would also work well as a home office. Adjoining is a detached summer house/gym. The main house is enchanting and takes full advantage of the outstanding views towards Great Henny Church.
Sheepcote Farm is superbly set at the end of a long private drive yet within walking distance of a popular riverside pub/restaurant, The Henny Swan. This part of the Stour Valley, on the Essex/Suffolk borders, is known for its exceptional beauty with gently undulating countryside either side of the River Stour. The house enjoys a private and elevated setting making this an enviable location. Great Henny is on the edge of Sudbury which offers a wide range of everyday amenities including shops, schools, sporting facilities, supermarkets plus a branchline station which connects onto the mainline at Marks Tey for London Liverpool Street. Neighbouring Bures also offers a branchline station and good facilities, whilst there are mainline stations at both Marks Tey and Colchester (fastest trains from 48 mins). Highly regarded schools in the area include the top grammar schools in Colchester. There are wonderful country walks from the property plus rowing on the River Stour.
The property is completely hidden away being approached from a little used country lane onto a long private driveway which leads through established trees to a parking area infront of the first traditional barn. A path from the parking area leads to the main house and runs alongside the cottage and granary. The principal garden, which lies to the front of the house, enjoys a south westerly aspect; this area is laid to lawn interspersed with trees and sweeps down to the open countryside. A brick terrace adjoins the house featuring a wonderful Magnolia. Further trees include Oak, Beech, Fig, Poplar, Scottish Fir and Chestnut.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-75957119.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MEL180167. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Carter Jonas, Long Melford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.