4 bedroom house for saleCavendish Street, Chichester, PO19
- 1,197 sqft Grade II Listed Town House
- Views Of The Cathedral Spire From The Top Floor
- Beautifully Refurbished
- Modern Fitted Kitchen
- Delightful Dining Room/Sitting Room With Bi-Fold Doords
- Master Bedroom With En-Suite Shower Room
- South Facing Courtyard Garden
A superbly presented period town house, believed to date from circa 1810, in the heart of Chichester. Previously a bakery in the early 1900's and subsequently a sweet shop, the property was converted into a family home in 1951.
The present owners purchased the property some fifteen years ago and have carried out an extensive refurbishment program including the creation of two additional rooms and a cloakroom in the basement, which was carried out professionally in 2006. More recent improvements include a bright new kitchen/breakfast room and a fabulous sitting room/dining room with an open fireplace, roof lantern and bi-fold doors out to the flint walled, south facing rear garden.
On the first floor there is a double bedroom and luxury bathroom, with two further bedrooms on the second floor, one having an en suite shower room and the other a view of the cathedral spire.
Within walking distance of the city centre, this charming period town house is situated in one of Chichesters most sought after streets, in a Conservation Area on the north side. The cathedral city of Chichester offers excellent high street shopping, many fashionable restaurants, cafes and bars, Festival Theatre and a mainline station to London Victoria. Goodwood is famous for its many event days including the world renowned Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival for motor racing enthusiasts and a season of horse racing including the Qatar Goodwood Festival. There are excellent sailing facilities around Chichester Harbour and windsurfing from the beaches at West Wittering. The area is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts, with beautiful walks and cycle tracks over the South Downs and around the harbour.
A 1,197 sqft Grade II listed Victorian house situated in a Conservation Area
Kitchen 11'7 (3.53m) x 11' (3.35m)
Sitting Room 11'6 (3.51m) x 9'5 (2.87m)
Dining Room 9'11 (3.02m) x 9'3 (2.82m)
Lower Ground Floor
Study 11'2 (3.4m) x 8'9 (2.67m)
Bedroom 4 11'1 (3.38m) x 10'3 (3.12m)
First Floor Landing
Bedroom 2 11'9 (3.58m) x 11' (3.35m)
Large Family Bathroom
Second Floor Landing
Bedroom 3 10' (3.05m) x 9'5 (2.87m)
Bedroom 1 11'7 (3.53m) x 10'11 (3.33m)
En-Suite Shower Room
details approved 28/03/18
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-76057178.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 266114. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Henry Adams, Chichester - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.