5 bedroom detached house for saleChildrey
- Five Bedroom Detached Situated in 0.914 Acres
- Underfloor Heating Throughout the Property
- Full Concrete First Floor
- American White Oak and Glass Staircase
- Two Log Burning Stove's
- White Vitra Sanitaryware with Hansgrohe Furnishings
- Bespoke Kitchen with Quartz Stone Worktops
- Triple Garage with Electronically Operated Doors
- Hard-Wired Intruder Alarm System
- Gross Internal Area 3803 sq ft (excluding garage)
This exceptional five bedroom property is one of just four built on this exclusive development "The Paddocks" set in gardens of just under an acre.
Dropshort Farm is approached by a private drive and is surrounded by open fields and rolling countryside views. The Paddocks has a large gravel driveway and front garden which is mainly laid to lawn.
The entrance hall has spectacular full height glazed windows with an American white oak and glass staircase with spotlights in the stair string. Flooded with light the entrance hall leads to a cloakroom and study which also benefits from full height windows.
The double aspect lounge has a log burning stove, the dining room is flooded with natural light from the galleried landing and its full height windows.
The sunny kitchen / breakfast room has a double aspect opening onto the sun terrace. Bespoke kitchen units are finished with quartz stone worktops and integrated Siemens appliances including a multi-function oven, combination microwave, warming drawer, larder fridge, larder freezer, dishwasher and water softener. Utility room and walk in pantry complete the kitchen which leads into the family room with floor to ceiling windows and doors to three sides.
To the first floor the galleried landing offers far reaching views across open countryside. The master bedroom and second bedroom both have a dressing room and an en-suite with large walk in shower. There are three further double bedrooms, two having built in wardrobes. Family bathroom with bath and separate shower.
The garden wraps around three sides of the property and is mainly laid to lawn, having a triple garage with electric doors.
Built to minimise the carbon footprint and running costs, The Paddocks features Mitsubishi air source heat pumps, and a high specification throughout. Benefits include underfloor heating to the ground and first floors, pressurised water system providing equally pressured hot and cold water. LED downlights throughout, tv points and pre-wiring for Sky and Sky+ in lounge and family room and a hard wired intruder alarm system.
Estate maintenance charge applies £tbc
Childrey is a fine example of an English village with its long main street, parish church, village green with its pond and a pleasant assortment of period cottages, it nestles comfortably at the foot of the Downs on the edge of the Vale of White Horse.
The Vale is a mainly agricultural landscape, steeped in rich history, the White Horse from which the area takes its name, dates back to prehistoric times, Alfred the Great of Wessex was born in nearby Wantage in 849AD, and Childrey itself has strong Civil War connections.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 9443978. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Thomas Merrifield, Grove - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.