Plot for salePlot 1 By Ballygowan Farm, Glenlonan, Oban, Argyll and Bute, PA34
- Plot 1 - Ballygowan Farm extending to about 2.97 acres excluding access
- Area of exceptional scenic beauty
- Expansive views of surrounding landscape
- Natural wildlife habitat
- Planning Permission in Principle
- Purchasers with architectural ambition sought - see link to Design Guide within brochure
- For sale individually or Plots 1 & 2 together at Offers Over £300,000.
Plots 1-4 at Ballygowan, Glen Lonan offer an exceptional opportunity to enjoy an unspoilt and tranquil area of outstanding scenic and natural beauty. The surrounding area is steeped in Neolithic and Iron Age heritage. Glen Lonan is known as the Valley of the Kings through which the funeral corteges of the ancient Kings of Scotland passed en route to burial on Iona. The plots are carefully situated to enjoy the open expanses of farmland and woodland as well as stunning views of Loch Nell, Ben Cruachan, Glen Coe and Mull. Each site makes clever use of the existing topography in the form of natural banks, hollows, knolls and mature trees to offer seclusion and privacy so ensuring the developments will sit quietly and sensitively within the landscape but still benefit from exceptional views.
The serviced plots are being offered with planning permission in principle (PPP) for a single storey detached dwelling with the seller’s preference for homes of high aesthetic quality and inspiring architecture. The use of natural materials will be key to ensuring the houses blend well with the predominantly agricultural vernacular of the area. Further enhancement will come through the recent planting by the seller of a 100 hectare broadleaf woodland on the Ballygowan hilltop. As well as providing additional shelter, the woodland will offer a natural habitat for the varied wildlife which the area is known for including hen harriers, golden eagles, white tailed eagles and black grouse, as well as pine martens, red squirrels, otters and wild cats.
Glen Lonan enjoys a quiet and secluded location yet is conveniently close to the popular coastal town of Oban with it extensive range of shops and professional services as well as secondary schooling and a railway station with regular services to Glasgow. The town is also the ferry terminal to the Western Isles and a base for sailing. Close by at Connel is a small airfield with services for private aircraft. Glasgow airport also has regular connections to London and a variety of domestic and international destinations.
Each plot is being offered for sale with Planning Permission in Principle (PPP) for a detached house. Further information is available through Galbraith and via the following Argyll and Bute Council links:
Plot 1: 17/01192/PPP -
Plot 2: 17/01193/PPP -
Plot 3: 18/00118/PPP -
Plot 4: 18/00119/PPP -
FOR SALE INDIVIDUALLY OR PLOTS 1 & 2 TOGETHER AT OFFERS OVER £300,000.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-80365781.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV190035. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.